Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] LMOC-Rob talks/ Refugees

Jim Stanley jim_snappa@hotmail.com
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 19:55:29 +1000

Rob's not the only one ashamed of government policy concerning asylum
seekers. I've investigated this a bit closer and I can't believe just how
much blatant propaganda is being fed to the Australian public. It's public
knowledge now that Howard's government has lied more than once. People seem
to want to wash their hands of this problem, saying that the asylum seekers
are just thugs and terrorists (Even the women and kids?). When people get
agro & riot, maybe they're being treated like animals..? Now the media is
using the "Governer-General/child-abuse" scandal to divert our attention
away from the detention-centre crisis, but this abuse of human rights has
not suddenly dissapeared. IT'S STILL HAPPENING, RIGHT NOW, IN THE "LUCKY
COUNTRY". Good on ya Rob, good on the Oils. Don't turn back the Ships Of
Freedom. For more info visit :

www.erc.org.au

Jim.

"If you treat me like a dog,