Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Intro & a question

Paul Woodward Paul Woodward" <woody@hairydonut.plus.com
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 15:05:54 -0000

...and doesn't all that greenery look awful!  Just think how much more
reckless development we could have if we ploughed up all the golf courses!

----- Original Message -----
From: "earthsunmoonmomma" <turnupthedrums@netscape.net>
To: <powderworks@cs.colorado.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2002 2:12 PM
Subject: RE: Re: [Powderworks] Intro & a question

> "Patrick Collins" <patandmichelle@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >This surprises me.
> >(I'll leave y'all to work out why)
> >
> >>While we were waiting for the band to come out had a chance to chat
>with
> >>some of the roadies about golf. The one big guy mentioned that 3->4 of
the
> >>band and roadies like to play.
>
> This surprised me as well when I first read that message, but I thought I
should keep my personal opinion of golfing and golf courses to myself.
Well, now that someone else commented on it, I want to say that I would find
it very disappointing if any of the Oils were golfers.  Nothing personal,
but golf courses are extremely damaging to the environment - all that toxic
runoff from the tons of fertilizers, herbicides and other poisons that are
used.  There are other issues involved as well, but I won't go into them
here.

> To stay on topic, it sounds like the Anaheim show was great!!  An acoustic
version of Time to Heal, I love that song.  One more week to go before I get
to see them!  For everyone going tonight - have a great time!

http://shopnow.netscape.com/