Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Upcoming Oils on TV / Concert Sched / Fave Bands

Rhonda kayak@sympatico.ca
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 01:35:28 -0500

Hi Workers!

To those of you who are in Canada or can otherwise get APTN (Aboriginal
Peoples Television Network) via satellite, I just saw a commercial
tonight for a show of theirs called First Music and Arts that briefly
showed a clip of MO and of Rob Hirst talking and said "coming in
April...."  Their website is at www.aptn.ca and here's a brief
description of the show on their page:

Saturdays at 6:30 PM / Mondays at 11:00 PM ET
First Music and Arts
"Up and coming artists and musicians in the Aboriginal community. Also
focusing on artists, writers, actors, theatre, painters, sculptors,
radio show hosts, and the arts in general in the Aboriginal community.
Hosted by
Waneek Horn, Mohawk from Kahnawake Mohawk Territory."

There didn't seem to be any clickable link on the show title or anywhere
to enlighten us as to what guests are featured on what day.

Re: their current concert schedule of:
<snipped early dates>
5-10 -- Seattle
5-11 -- Vancouver
5-14 -- Calgary
5-15 -- Edmonton
5-17 -- Winnipeg
That stretch in May where it crosses the border northward and starts
heading east across Canada....should we start guessing there might be a
Toronto date around the 19th of May, maybe? We can only hope!

Re:  fave bands, throwing in my $0.01 (all that it's worth in USD now...)
In order:
Midnight Oil
Matthew Good Band
Live
Peter Gabriel
Tragically Hip
& a lot of 80's bands, mostly Canadian....I'm not going to go public
with that list or you'll likely laugh my butt right out of here!!

Cheers & have a great weekend,
Rhonda