Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Favourite Bands

Larrikin larrikin@lineone.net
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 12:35:22 -0000

Hi All,

I don't post much ( on any list I'm subscribed to ;o) but I have been
lurking for years on this list and I've enjoyed reading all your thoughts on
various subjects over the years : )
Let me introduce myself :

Nationality : Dutch
Age : 35
Gender : Male
Current Location : UK

I just want to see if there are some people on this list with some similar
band interest.( already seen a few )
I'm particularly interested in how many Australian people know something
about any of these bands in my list.

I will leave MO and Ghost out of the list because you already know that I
love those bands , otherwise I wouldn't be on this list ;o)
I will stick a album to the band list as well just in case somebody wants to
listen to any of them ; )
I do listen to a lot of other bands ( from a to z really) but I'm especially
interested if Progressive and Psychedelic Rock is alive in Australia.
We will maybe be moving to your country at the end of the year ( do to the
wife's job ) , and making music is my line of work.( so that's why I ask
these questions ;)
Any Australian based prog/psyche rock I need to know about ? ( besides
Aragon )
Any Prog scene at all in Victoria ? (we would be situated in Wodonga , but
my guess is Melbourne is the place to be for some prog)

Anyway here's my 2 cents on the subject.
In no particular order ( except TFK and PT ;) :

1.The Flower Kings - The Rainmaker
2.Porcupine Tree - Lightbulb Sun
3.Spock's Beard - V
4.IQ - Subterranea
5.Marillion - Brave
6.Enchant - Time Lost
7.Ozric Tentacles - Erpland
8.Fish - Sunsets On Empire
9.Mostly Autumn - The Spirit Of Autumn Past
10.Timothy Pure - Island Of The Misfit Toys
11.Discipline - Unfolded Like Staircase
12.RPWL - God Has Failed Once More
13.Pineapple Thief - 137
14.Maximum Indifference - Transmutations Of Suppost Angels
15.Kevin Gilbert - The Shaming Of The True

Any views/comments/etc would be appreciated :0)

Cheers,

Richard

Ps. I hope that we ( me and wife ) will not miss out again on the European
leg of the tour.( because of the possible move)
After all these years of being MO fanatics we never got to see them live :(
Let's hope it will work out this time :)
All the kings horses ,and all the kings man couldn't keep us away... from
these gig's ;o) !!

Blabbering mode off!

Larrikin:

A hatred of authority and a willingness to flout it at every chance;

and a religious belief that one man is as good as another and that the
facts of a person's birth give him no right to lord it over anyone
else.