Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Oil and UB40, SRV, M Burn, etc.

earthsunmoonmomma turnupthedrums@netscape.net
Sat, 09 Mar 2002 20:23:10 -0500

"Laura Wolfe" <casalobo@lightspeed.net> wrote:
>Re: Malcolm Burn's production of "Breathe."  In a word, it sucks.  When Rob told me they were on their way to New Orleans to record with Burn, I asked who he was.  When he told me that he was a protege of Daniel Lanois (whom I like and respect), I told him that sounded like a really bad match to me.  I cautioned him to watch the drum sounds, something that Lanois (and his engineer, Burn) are lousy with.

Hi Bill,

thanks for your insight into the production and sound of Breathe.  I really love some of the songs on Breathe (lyrically and musically) but I don't listen to it very often because I don't really like the sound of the recording, especially the drums and some of the effects on Peter's voice. Luckily I have some live versions of the songs and I thoroughly enjoy them!!

So you're tight with Rob, huh?  Got any connections to get me a photo pass to the DC show?  (he, he)

Andrea (with a new email addy, but you recognize me, right?)

--
Blue collar work it don't get you nowhere
You just go 'round and 'round in debt

 ~~ Rob Hirst/Jim Moginie