Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Lyric trivia: Oils in space

Serandipitey@aol.com Serandipitey@aol.com
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 18:37:04 EST

--part1_94.2281c860.29b80220_boundary

i do have an interview on tape somewhere from JJJ a few years back where Rob
was talking about songwriting.  he was talking about the Oils method of
writing and re-working and re-writing songs, and gave Drums of Heaven as an
example of a song where they overdid this process, concluding "I don't know
what the fuck it's about".

so if he doesn't know, there's probably not much chance of us working it out!

jeff...

I've thought for a long time that that song must be one of the only Oils
songs that's about NOTHING. :) Great song nonetheless.

Varina

--part1_94.2281c860.29b80220_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>i do have an interview on tape somewhere from JJJ a few years back where Rob was talking about songwriting. &nbsp;he was talking about the Oils method of writing and re-working and re-writing songs, and gave Drums of Heaven as an example of a song where they overdid this process, concluding "I don't know what the fuck it's about".
<BR>
<BR>so if he doesn't know, there's probably not much chance of us working it out!
<BR>
<BR>jeff...
<BR>
<BR>I've thought for a long time that that song must be one of the only Oils songs that's about NOTHING. :) Great song nonetheless.
<BR>
<BR>Varina
<BR></FONT></HTML>

--part1_94.2281c860.29b80220_boundary--