Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] introduce yourself-educate yourself

fluw fluwdot@earthlink.net
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 21:22:16 -0600

Aw, come on. The products from drilling in Alaska wouldn't be ready for use
by Americans until 2010 and the most that American oil interests could get
out of the refuge is equal to two months worth of oil for the whole country.
Most everybody knows this basic information. Stop with this crap, will ya? I
don't mean to be inhospitable to the "new guy," but most everything you
pointed out is either completely untenable or absurd to say the least. The
bit about cocaine and DUI's is a relevant character issue in light of the
extreme hypocrisy  in American politics in the past few years. Bush escaped
these issues following five wasted years by Congress, over 55 million
dollars in taxpayer money spent, and a national/constitutional crisis over
fallacio between consenting adults. If the current White House squatter was
required to live up to the standards and responsibilities needed for
presidential office, he would be back to begging for loans from his daddy's
friends for another corporate scam like the one he pulled on the citizens of
Arlington, Texas, in 1991. There, Bush used a citizen tax scam and the Texas
Ranger Baseball team as his gravy train.

O.K. now dogging - dodging, it is merely a fucking typo. Might I point out
that your calling this mailing list a "site" is an error much more
significant than the former? But are these less than interesting trivial
quips more relevant than the facts? How very republican of you focusing on
the trivial in order to obfuscate the issues. Given this tactic I guess a
blow job is worse than the toxic air in Houston due to laws passed by "W"
relaxing corporate polluter penalties, regulations and clean air standards
for the profit of campaign funding buddies like and including Kenneth Lay.

But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that your ignorance is speaking
for you and not patriotism manipulated and manufactured by elite dynastic
CIA/oil barons. Read with an open mind everything on the link pages for at
least the next 6 months along with whatever you're reading now. Then try and
put together a balanced opinion worthy of being heard. While you're at it do
as those who fancy living in a true democracy do (not just a network
consumer capitalist society) and order/watch Free Speech TV.

http://www.buzzflash.com/
http://www.fstv.org
http://www.corpwatch.org/
http://www.corpwatch.org/research/PRLH.jsp
http://www.thenation.com

Those should get you started and if you follow some links and do your own
research you may very well find the truth much different and things in
general much more complex than you were previously allowed to believe.
To say it is not popular to like W around these parts might be true, but it
is not about popularity or dogma that this becomes a reality. Supporting
such a fundamentally corrupt man from a historically mendacious and vicious
family is merely unfathomable to most people possessing an ounce of
compassion and conscience.

About your love of Midnight Oil...Bravo and yes they do write some catchy
little ditties.have you listened to the lyrics.ever?

And finally, (I bet you all were happy to hear that one) I am a Texan and
have personally witnessed what this man "W" is capable of. And let me tell
you in a style true to the White House imposters own, "It ain't pretty."
Enron is only the tip of the oil field y'all.

BTW I work in a library and consume massive amounts of highly credible
information daily. So my opinion as compared to those used to watching the
local and network news may seem a bit swayed to the left, but I assure you I
couldn't care less for political leanings, parties etc. I am merely forming
opinions based upon a passion for details that contain quality and diversity
of information that I, under my own volition, seek out. If the news finds
you, it is more than likely not even near the truth.

nothing ever happens - nothing really matters - no one ever tells me so what
am i to know............READ ABOUT IT!!!!!

todd