Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Feu the Who

Bawolski@aol.com Bawolski@aol.com
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 20:42:47 EDT

--part1_1a7.459c4be.2a4e5c87_boundary

In a message dated 6/28/2002 12:36:33 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Powdworker@aol.com writes:

> I too have been a Who fan since before the Oils got together, and I believe
> that the Who has been a fairly large influence on the Oils (this has been
> discussed on this list over the years). If PG says something about
> Entwistle's passing at the next few Oils shows, I would appreciate it if
> someone would mention it here on the list. Thanks in advance!
>
> John Entwistle, 1944-2002, rest in peace.

I remember a glowing review of a Midnight Oil show here in L. A. in 1990
where
the reviewer basically called the Oils "the new Who," comparing a bunch of
the
really good things about the Who to the Oils.  I think I've brought this up
before,
but from what I understand the Oils opened for a Who show in London back
in 1982 and the Who were so impressed that they asked them to join them
on their U. S. tour that year.  For some reason the Oils said no so the Who
got the Clash.

Mike
Los Angeles

--part1_1a7.459c4be.2a4e5c87_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">In a message dated 6/28/2002 12:36:33 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Powdworker@aol.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Trebuchet MS" LANG="0"><BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">I too have been a Who fan since before the Oils got together, and I believe that the Who has been a fairly large influence on the Oils (this has been discussed on this list over the years). If PG says something about Entwistle's passing at the next few Oils shows, I would appreciate it if someone would mention it here on the list. Thanks in advance! <BR>
<BR>
John Entwistle, 1944-2002, rest in peace. <BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
I remember a glowing review of a Midnight Oil show here in L. A. in 1990 where<BR>
the reviewer basically called the Oils "the new Who," comparing a bunch of the<BR>
really good things about the Who to the Oils.&nbsp; I think I've brought this up before,<BR>
but from what I understand the Oils opened for a Who show in London back<BR>
in 1982 and the Who were so impressed that they asked them to join them<BR>
on their U. S. tour that year.&nbsp; For some reason the Oils said no so the Who<BR>
got the Clash.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
Mike<BR>
Los Angeles<BR>