Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Help wanted with textual dysfunction.NMOC

fish_oil@space.com fish_oil@space.com
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 11:11:01 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for bringing this up. About 1/3 of the messages
I receive from the list now have question marks at the
end of every sentence. When I go to reply to these
posts, the text is transformed into some kind of
smegma. And then often my responses are invisible when
posted to the list (not a bad thing, per se.) So, how
does one post all responses in 'plain text format' as
Maurice suggested? Sorry if this question seems
idiotic, but I don't want to be accused of sending
bloated, buggy or dangerous messages to anybody I
like...

thanks,

bruce

On Tue, 11 June 2002, "Maurice R. Kelly" wrote

> On Jun 11, Bjorn Blomquist wrote:
>
> > I don't know what you intend to say by this. I see
a lot of those '>' signs... Is it <snip> that's
bothering you? You should see what my e-mail program
sometimes does when I reply on a message...

> I don't mean to speak for Jurriaan, but I think it is
the fact that
> Bruce's message contained quoting in a HTML format.
Some mailers when they
> receive HTML-based mail will quote using HTML
formatting, which is fine if
> you are performing a straight reply (because the
person who sent you HTML
> mail can likely read HTML mail as well.)
>
> This is not really appropriate on a mailing list when
people who do not
> use HTML capable mail clients are reading, as it can
reult in distorted
> and confusing messages.
>
> At least that's what I got from Jurriaan's message.
Even if that's not
> what he meant, I'm still making a point.
>
> It would be nice if people took the time to send mail
to Powderworks in a
> plain text format. It's not hard to achieve and it
does make life easier
> for people who don't want to use bloated (not to
mention buggy, and
> dangerous[1]) mail clients. More and more these days
I find myself
> deleting the opinions of people on this list simply
because they send