Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Manly Vale 1980

Bawolski@aol.com Bawolski@aol.com
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 00:03:46 EDT

--part1_164.f05a22b.2a36d0a2_boundary

In a message dated 6/10/2002 5:52:40 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
mrnoisy@iprimus.com.au writes:

> No-one has mentioned Sometimes yet, maybe because Gunbarrel Highway is the
> closer on the CD, but when I bought the vinyl copy on the day of its
> release I was blown away by what I figured was the best way to close an
> album ever: Sometimes!
> Nathan.

Nathan,

I couldn't agree with you more about Sometimes, it is such a great album
closer (and of course it was the album closer for the U. S. version of Diesel
and Dust) that I kind of wondered why Gunbarrel Highway closed the Australian
version.  Then again it wasn't until I ordered the Australian version of
Diesel last
year that I finally got to hear Gunbarrel Highway and wondered why in the
heck
it was left off of the U. S. versions!!!  (why couldn't they put it on there
before
Sometimes?).  I guess the bottom line is that they are both great songs, but
as an album closer Sometimes is a classic.

Mike

--part1_164.f05a22b.2a36d0a2_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 6/10/2002 5:52:40 PM Pacific Daylight Time, mrnoisy@iprimus.com.au writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">No-one has mentioned Sometimes yet, maybe because Gunbarrel Highway is the closer on the CD, but when I bought the vinyl copy on the day of its release I was blown away by what I figured was the best way to close an album ever: Sometimes!</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Nathan.</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
Nathan,<BR>
<BR>
I couldn't agree with you more about Sometimes, it is such a great album <BR>
closer (and of course it was the album closer for the U. S. version of Diesel<BR>
and Dust) that I kind of wondered why Gunbarrel Highway closed the Australian<BR>
version.&nbsp; Then again it wasn't until I ordered the Australian version of Diesel last<BR>
year that I finally got to hear Gunbarrel Highway and wondered why in the heck<BR>
it was left off of the U. S. versions!!!&nbsp; (why couldn't they put it on there before <BR>
Sometimes?).&nbsp; I guess the bottom line is that they are both great songs, but<BR>
as an album closer Sometimes is a classic.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
Mike <BR>
<BR>
<BR>