Midnight Oil

SV: [Powderworks] Dee Dee Ramone is dead.

Bjorn Blomquist bjorn.blomquist@mbox301.swipnet.se
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 15:42:03 +0200

------=_NextPart_000_0049_01C20E39.DEBDCA60

  I was reading the Joey Ramone message board, and I found out about =
this. He died of a drug overdose, last night. I thought it was a joke, =
at first, but it is not. I was stunned, then upset. Now I am depressed. =
I wonder if it'll be on the news.  He was only 49. Such a shame.
I agree with you folks about dying of an overdose. To die of cancer, =
like Joey Ramone did, is one thing, nothing you can do about it - but =
drugs... that's really unnecessary, and as someone put it, avoidable.

It's a bit weird as I've been listening to Ramones' "Rocket to Russia" =
album during the last few weeks.
I hadn't listened to them very much before, but I borrowed this cd from =
the library and I think it's a good album! It's simple songs, simple =
playing, but yet very nice to listen to. And while I've been playing the =
Ramones, another band member passes away...

Best song by the Ramones? I go with "Pet cemetary" (not "cemmetry" as =
the Oils sing it!), or maybe "Sheena is a punk rocker" and the one I =
quote below.

/Bjorn=20

"Chewing out a rhythm on my bubble gum
The sun is out and I want some
It's not hard, not far to reach
We can hitch a ride to Rockaway Beach"
=20

------=_NextPart_000_0049_01C20E39.DEBDCA60

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff=20
style=3D"BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; =
BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none; FONT: 10pt verdana">
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>I was reading the Joey Ramone message board, and I found out =
about this.=20
  He died of a drug overdose, last night. I thought it was a joke, at =
first, but=20
  it is not. I was stunned, then upset. Now I am depressed. I wonder if =
it'll be=20
  on the news.&nbsp; He was only 49. Such a shame.</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>I agree with you folks about dying of an =
overdose. To die=20
of cancer, like Joey Ramone did, is one thing, nothing you can do about =
it - but=20
drugs... that's really unnecessary, and as someone put it,=20
avoidable.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>It's a bit weird as I've been listening to=20
Ramones'&nbsp;"Rocket to Russia" album during the last few =
weeks.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>I hadn't listened to them very much before, but =
I borrowed=20
this cd from the library and&nbsp;I think it's a good album!&nbsp;It's =
simple=20
songs, simple playing, but yet very nice to listen to. And while I've =
been=20
playing the Ramones, another band member&nbsp;passes =
away...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Best song by the Ramones? I go with "Pet=20
cemetary"&nbsp;(not "cemmetry" as the Oils sing it!), or maybe "Sheena =
is a punk=20
rocker" and the one I quote below.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>/Bjorn </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>"Chewing out a rhythm on my bubble =
gum</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>The sun is out and I want some</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>It's not hard, not far to reach</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>We can hitch a ride to Rockaway =
Beach"</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0049_01C20E39.DEBDCA60--