Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: Bones and Giffo

GrnVillageGirl@aol.com GrnVillageGirl@aol.com
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 22:13:43 EDT

--part1_183.9398b77.2a2d7c57_boundary

Or, to take it in reverse order:
I worked with the band back in '85 and have known them since, but never did
get to know Giffo. The strong silent type, maybe. Am NOT knocking his musical
talents at all. Obviously he contributed an enormous amount to the band's
sound, particularly on their breakthrough "D&D." It's just that IMHO, Bones
feels totally right for this group, and has since he arrived.
Speaking of said bassman, he had a longtime girlfriend who became his wife.
Then they had a fairly friendly divorce -- hence his footloose position these
days. I don't know about any other longtime lady friend, but I don't try to
keep track when he's on the other side of the planet, or on the road. I only
see him when the guys come to town. And his personal life is his business, or
rather, would be if he weren't so exuberant about it in front of all and
sundry.
PS Hey, I resent (or should that be 'represent'?) that remark about locking
up one's mothers. They ain't THAT old...it's not like it's Bill Wyman
prowling around up there.
In any case, I should think that anyone who's seen 'em on this tour will
testify that they're just as full of fire and energy as ever; have just added
a dash of seasoning to the recipe!

--part1_183.9398b77.2a2d7c57_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT  style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2>Or, to take it in reverse order:<BR>
I worked with the band back in '85 and have known them since, but never did get to know Giffo. The strong silent type, maybe. Am NOT knocking his musical talents at all. Obviously he contributed an enormous amount to the band's sound, particularly on their breakthrough "D&amp;D." It's just that IMHO, Bones feels totally right for this group, and has since he arrived.<BR>
Speaking of said bassman, he had a longtime girlfriend who became his wife. Then they had a fairly friendly divorce -- hence his footloose position these days. I don't know about any other longtime lady friend, but I don't try to keep track when he's on the other side of the planet, or on the road. I only see him when the guys come to town. And his personal life is his business, or rather, <I>would</I> be if he weren't so exuberant about it in front of all and sundry.<BR>
PS Hey, I resent (or should that be 'represent'?) that remark about locking up one's mothers. They ain't THAT old...it's not like it's Bill Wyman prowling around up there. <BR>
In any case, I should think that anyone who's seen 'em on this tour will testify that they're just as full of fire and energy as ever; have just added a dash of seasoning to the recipe!<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_183.9398b77.2a2d7c57_boundary--