Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Fierce Festival SMOC :-)

Nigel Carlson uk.powderworker@ic24.net
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 17:35:59 +0100

------=_NextPart_000_004B_01C20B25.1FC69A40

Dateline:  June 2nd, Brockwell Park, London.

What can I say?  Awesome, mesmerising, loud, emotive, soulful, wild, =
passionate....... =20

First I would like to say Hi to the two Peter's (M & G) from the list =
who I met up with there, and Peter G's mate Peter. Yes there were 3 guys =
called Peter watching some manic Aussie bloke cavort around the stage =
called, oh what is his name..... Oh yes, Peter!
I take my hat off to the non Powdie Peter,  he didn't know any Oils =
music except what his mate Peter had coerced him into hearing and yet he =
lasted the whole 1 1/2 hrs in the crowd, at the front around 3 rows back =
from the barrier, with all the usual pushing and shoving and the guy had =
a broken his toe the day before!

Well done Peter!

My day started in brilliant sunshine on the south coast in Bournemouth, =
around 100 miles from the action.  I set off to drive to London at =
around 10:30 with a sense of mounting excitement; I was going to see the =
OILS.  My first taste since August 2000 on the Real Thing tour.

Having never been to a festival before I didn't know what to expect and =
I knew nothing about the other bands on the bill with the exception of =
Regurgitator from the Power & the Passion tribute album.
I arrived at the festival site just as the gates opened at 2:30 and =
wandered around for a while sampling the atmosphere and experiencing the =
delights of festival catering (Hmmm! jury's out on this one.  My chicken =
burger was the worst ever, I only ate half of it, but the chicken curry =
I had later was acceptable).  The weather was good all day with unbroken =
sunshine for most of it, it clouded over a bit later but that was quite =
a welcome relief.  My face is very lobsteresque today and a bit sore.

There was all sorts going on around, bungy jumping from a crane (no =
thank you! I am quite happy for gravity to work its magic with me the =
right way up and in contact with the planet, I really don't see the =
attraction in raising your body a hundred feet or more up into the air =
and then throwing yourself off the platform in order to let gravity do =
its work with you head down and nothing more than some thick knicker =
elastic to prevent you becoming a squishy blob on the rapidly =
approaching terra firma!).
There was also a small fairground with a handful of rides and stalls, a =
fair few food stalls and a good variety of cuisine you could chose from =
- Chinese (at least 2), Indian, Jamaican (2, one serving what was =
advertised as Goat curry, my apologies to the vegetarians amongst us), =
Kebab's (is this just an English thing?), several burger stalls and even =
a stall selling hot fresh doughnuts and then there were the music tents.

There were 12 different venues, some with live bands and some with DJ's. =
 11 of these were marquees and one main stage.  Wandering around the =
site there didn't seem to be many people in the marquees, I poked my =
head into a couple of them for a few minutes but as there was no action =
there I went away again.

The list of bands on the main stage, in order they appeared was: -

Ultranova            3pm
The Meanies       4pm
Che Fu               5pm
Magic Dirt           6pm
Spiderbait           7pm
Regurgitator        8pm
Midnight Oil        9:15 - 10:30 ish

They all did sets of around half an hour to an hour except the Oils, the =
festival organisers seemed to be keeping the bands to a strict schedule =
(maybe they had a curfew or something), Magic Dirt even had the lady =
compare out on stage at the end of their set before the lead guitarist =
had finished!

Ultranova had quite a good sound, I would like to tell you what songs =
they played but I haven't got a clue.  Their set went down well with the =
small crowd watching them. I'm not very good at describing musical =
styles so I will leave that to any other Powdies who happened to catch =
them.  I will just say I liked them.

The Meanies were next out onto the stage.  Not my sort of band at all, =
their musical style was very thrashy and raucous and i didn't stay =
around.
I met up with Pete and non Powdie Pete at this point and they both =
seemed to like The Meanies.

Che Fu promised a good set when they opened with an excellent number =
that was a fusion of reggae and hip hop and they delivered one.  There =
were 8 of them on stage all wearing what looked like khaki army shirts =
and shorts.  Their next few songs were much more mellow, almost like =
ballads.  They worked the growing crowd well, invoking a bit of =
nationalism amongst their native Kiwi's, and got a good response at the =
end.

My apologies if I have mixed up the next two groups but by this point I =
had had a few beers and was just killing time till the Oils came on.

Magic Dirt were LOUD, probably the loudest on the bill unless my ears =
just started to close down at this point.  Everytime the bass drum was =
struck you could feel the vibrations in your chest - awesome!
The lead singer reminded me of P.J. Harvey, all sort of scary.  Her =
guitar strap broke at one point and a roadie rushed over to her to fix =
it with some tank / gaffer / duct tape (whatever you call it), it was =
quite a sight!  Her still trying to play and sing like nothing was going =
on and this large man on one knee just off to one side of her fiddling =
around, in what I shall call a very private area ( she wears her guitar =
low slung!), with both hands and some sticky silver tape!!
They played some good tunes but I feel they spoiled it by stretching the =
last note of every song out in a cacophony of feedback and drawn-out =
note until we found it was hurting our ears and it never really gave =
people a chance to show their appreciation for the songs.

Spiderbait.  Well nothing really stands out in my memory about these =
guys (or were these the ones who have a girl bass player who does a lot =
of vocals?) except for a guy in the crowd, right in front of a speaker =
stack, down on one knee shouting into his mobile phone "Spiderbait are =
on now".  He must have a hell of a good phone if he could hear who he =
was shouting at!

At this point the 3 Pete's and I decided we would wander round for a =
bit, grabbing a couple more beers and some chow before the big one so we =
missed most of Regurgitator's set.  I was surprised by what I did hear =
as it was nothing like what they did on the tribute album. It was a lot =
less electronic and much more guitar driven rock.

There was a half hour interval between bands and as soon as Regurgitator =
finished Pete M and I crowded into the front, Pete G and his mate Pete =
were nowhere to be seen at this point.  We were 3 rows back and right of =
centre, after repelling several not determined enough attacks on our =
chosen territory we gave up on seeing the others as there was only 5 =
mins to nirvana, then I felt my phone go off in my pocket.  It was Pete =
G & Pete, they were somewhere 'outback', almost in the non combatant =
area of the crowd.  They then proved the old adage that you can get =
anything, if you want it badly enough.  Even though we were penned in =
like (golden) cattle the other two showed how determined Powderworkers =
are and less than 2 mins later they were with us!

Then the chanting started, quiet at first off to my left then swelling =
and building to a crescendo till it echoed off the back of the stage, =
OOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSS=
SSSSSSSSS,=20

OOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSS=
SSSSSSSSS,=20

OOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSS=
SSSSSSSSS=20

it erupted into a massive cheer as Rob, Martin, Jim, Bones and some tall =
bald fella took the stage.
The crowd then joined Pete and the boys in a rendition of Advance =
Australia Fair, which went down a storm after which they launched =
straight into Redneck, in my opinion the perfect opener, and we all =
started jumping, dancing and just doing our thing for the next sweaty, =
energetic, enjoyable and all to short hour and a half!
The crowd were very well behaved, no rednecks in my area to spoil things =
just a whole bunch of people leaping around and having a good time.  Did =
have one guy muscle his way in front of me at one point and after a few =
mins of elbowing I gave him the space and went and found one with a =
better view :-)

There was quite a lot of crowd surfing going on during the whole day and =
the Oils crowd was no exception, every time a surfer got too close to =
the front line the security guys would grab them and pull them out, the =
surfers then went round the side of the stage, out of a side door in the =
barricade and back into the crowd.  One girl behind me was using my =
shoulders to pull herself up when jumping to get more height and then =
kept apologising before doing it again, but as she weighed nothing at =
all it was not a problem.  I dont know if she was the same girl who was =
using my back as a makeshift drum during 'Sometimes'?????

The Oils were on top form as they punched out one excellent track after =
another.  My favourite of the night?  Has to be Short Memory! Hearing =
the crowd belting out 'short memory, must have a short memory' made the =
hairs stand up on my neck.

They started off in full electric mode, with the Capricornia calf logo =
on the bass drum, for around 6 numbers then switched to the front of =
stage acoustic line up with Rob on his small kit for a few numbers =
including an absolutely rocking version of Blue Sky, then it was back to =
the full electric  set up.
I was a bit disappointed that Rob had the big tin 'water tower' next to =
him but never played it, he almost made up for it though at the end of =
the encore when he stood up on top of his kit, lights ablaze and smoke =
swirling round him as he crashed out the final chord(?) of Sometimes.

If I had been more alert after, I could have got a drum stick, one =
landed right a my feet but I didn't notice (duh!) and the guy next to me =
went diving to the floor like someone was shooting at him to retrieve =
it.

As always I have been left feeling I was part of something special and =
left feeling slightly empty because tonight there is no Oils :-( except =
on my stereo.
Cant wait till they return to our shores.

Pete did say at one point (just before they played Luritja?) that they =
have been on the road for 7 weeks and are looking forward to returning.  =
As he was talking about Australia at this point should we assume that =
they are going home before they come back to Europe or, perish the =
thought, was this our only gig of this tour.

Just read Dom's mail on the festival and his set list sounds about =
right.  Thanks for the reminder about the cow noises Dom, I'd forgotten =
about them :-)
Where abouts were you standing and did you see any of the other acts?

Well I wonder how many of you have read this far?
Hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Keep the reports coming guys n gurls
Nigel

My life is a valuable thing, I want to keep it that way.
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Hercules

---

------=_NextPart_000_004B_01C20B25.1FC69A40

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dateline:&nbsp; June 2nd, Brockwell =
Park,=20
London.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>What can I say?&nbsp; Awesome, =
mesmerising, loud,=20
emotive, soulful, wild, passionate.......&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>First I would like to say Hi to the two =
Peter's (M=20
&amp; G)&nbsp;from the list who I met up with there, and Peter =
G's&nbsp;mate=20
Peter. Yes there were 3 guys called Peter watching some manic Aussie=20
bloke&nbsp;cavort around the stage called, oh what is his name..... Oh =
yes,=20
Peter!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I take my hat off to the non Powdie =
Peter,&nbsp; he=20
didn't know any Oils music except what his mate Peter had coerced him =
into=20
hearing and yet he lasted the whole 1 1/2 hrs in the crowd, at the front =
around=20
3 rows back from the barrier, with all the usual pushing and shoving and =
the guy=20
had a broken his toe the day before!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Well done Peter!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>My day started in brilliant sunshine on =
the south=20
coast in Bournemouth, around 100 miles from the action.&nbsp; I set off =
to drive=20
to London at around 10:30 with a sense of mounting excitement; I was =
going to=20
see the OILS. &nbsp;My first taste since August 2000 on the Real Thing=20
tour.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Having never been to a festival before =
I didn't=20
know what to expect and I knew nothing about the other bands on the bill =
with=20
the exception of Regurgitator from the Power &amp; the Passion tribute=20
album.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I arrived at the festival site=20
just&nbsp;as&nbsp;the gates opened at 2:30 and wandered around for a =
while=20
sampling the atmosphere and experiencing the delights of festival =
catering=20
(Hmmm! jury's out on this one.&nbsp; My chicken burger was the worst =
ever, I=20
only ate half of it, but the chicken curry I had later was =
acceptable).&nbsp;=20
The weather was good all day with unbroken sunshine for most of it, it =
clouded=20
over a bit later but that was quite a welcome relief.&nbsp; My face is =
very=20
lobsteresque today and a bit sore.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>There was all sorts going on around, =
bungy jumping=20
from a crane (no thank you! I am quite happy for gravity to work its=20
magic&nbsp;with me the right way up and in contact with the planet, I =
really=20
don't see the attraction in raising your body a hundred feet or more up =
into the=20
air and then throwing yourself off the platform in order to =
let&nbsp;gravity do=20
its work with you head down and nothing more than some thick knicker =
elastic to=20
prevent you becoming a squishy blob on the rapidly approaching terra=20
firma!).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>There was also a small fairground with =
a handful of=20
rides and stalls, a fair few&nbsp;food stalls and a&nbsp;good variety of =
cuisine=20
you could chose from - Chinese (at least 2), Indian, Jamaican (2, one =
serving=20
what was advertised as Goat curry, my apologies to the vegetarians =
amongst us),=20
Kebab's (is this just an English thing?), several burger stalls and even =
a stall=20
selling hot fresh doughnuts and then there were the music =
tents.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>There were 12 different venues, some =
with live=20
bands&nbsp;and some with DJ's.&nbsp; 11 of these were marquees and one =
main=20
stage.&nbsp; Wandering around the site there didn't seem to be many =
people in=20
the marquees, I poked my head into a couple of them for a few minutes =
but as=20
there was no action there I went away again.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The list of bands on the main stage, in =
order they=20
appeared was: -</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ultranova&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;  3pm</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The=20
Meanies&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;4pm</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Che=20
Fu&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;5pm</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Magic=20
Dirt&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;6pm=
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>Spiderbait&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;7pm</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Regurgitator&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
8pm</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Midnight Oil&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
9:15 - 10:30 ish</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>They all did sets of around half an =
hour to an hour=20
except the Oils, the festival organisers seemed to be keeping the bands =
to a=20
strict schedule (maybe they had a curfew or something),&nbsp;Magic=20
Dirt&nbsp;even had the lady compare out on stage at the end of their set =
before=20
the lead guitarist had finished!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ultranova had quite a good sound, I =
would like to=20
tell you what songs they played but I haven't got a clue.&nbsp; Their =
set went=20
down well with the small crowd watching them. I'm not very good at =
describing=20
musical styles so I will leave that to any other Powdies who happened to =
catch=20
them.&nbsp; I will just say I liked them.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The Meanies were next out onto the =
stage.&nbsp; Not=20
my sort of band at all, their musical style was very thrashy and raucous =
and i=20
didn't stay around.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I met up with Pete and non Powdie Pete =
at this=20
point and they both seemed to like The Meanies.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Che Fu promised a good set when they =
opened with an=20
excellent number that was a fusion of reggae and&nbsp;hip hop and they =
delivered=20
one.&nbsp; There were 8 of them on stage all wearing what looked like =
khaki army=20
shirts and shorts.&nbsp; Their next few songs were much more mellow, =
almost like=20
ballads.&nbsp; They worked the growing crowd well, invoking a bit of =
nationalism=20
amongst their native Kiwi's, and got a good response at the =
end.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>My apologies if I have mixed up the =
next two groups=20
but by this point I had had a few beers and was just killing time till =
the Oils=20
came on.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Magic Dirt were LOUD, probably the =
loudest on the=20
bill unless my ears just started to close down at this point.&nbsp; =
Everytime=20
the bass drum was struck you could feel the vibrations in your chest -=20
awesome!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The lead singer reminded me of P.J.=20
Harvey,&nbsp;all sort of scary.&nbsp; Her guitar strap broke at one =
point and a=20
roadie rushed over to her to fix it with some tank / gaffer / duct tape=20
(whatever you call it), it was quite a sight!&nbsp; Her still trying to =
play and=20
sing like nothing was going on and this large man on one knee just off =
to one=20
side of her fiddling around, in what I shall call a very private area ( =
she=20
wears her guitar low slung!), with both hands and some sticky silver=20
tape!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>They played some good tunes but I feel =
they spoiled=20
it by stretching the last note of every song out in a cacophony of =
feedback and=20
drawn-out note until we found it was hurting our ears and it never =
really gave=20
people a chance to show their appreciation for the songs.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Spiderbait.&nbsp; Well nothing really =
stands out in=20
my memory about these guys (or were these the ones who have a girl bass =
player=20
who does a lot of vocals?) except for a guy in the crowd, right in front =

of&nbsp;a speaker stack, down on one knee shouting into his mobile phone =

"Spiderbait are on now".&nbsp; He must have a hell of a good phone if he =
could=20
hear who he was shouting at!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>At this point the 3 Pete's and I =
decided we would=20
wander round for a bit, grabbing a couple more beers and some chow =
before the=20
big one so we missed most of Regurgitator's set.&nbsp; I was surprised =
by what I=20
did hear as it was nothing like what they did on the tribute album. It =
was a lot=20
less electronic and much more guitar driven rock.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>There was a half hour interval between =
bands and as=20
soon as Regurgitator finished&nbsp;Pete M and I&nbsp;crowded into the =
front,=20
Pete G&nbsp;and his mate Pete were nowhere to be seen at this =
point.&nbsp; We=20
were 3 rows back and right of centre, after repelling several not =
determined=20
enough attacks on our chosen territory we gave up on seeing the others =
as there=20
was only 5 mins to nirvana, then I felt my phone go off in my =
pocket.&nbsp; It=20
was Pete G&nbsp;&amp; Pete, they were somewhere 'outback', almost in the =
non=20
combatant area of the crowd.&nbsp; They then proved the old adage that =
you can=20
get anything, if you want it badly enough.&nbsp; Even though we were =
penned in=20
like (golden) cattle the other two showed how determined Powderworkers =
are and=20
less than 2 mins later they were with us!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Then the chanting started, quiet at =
first off to my=20
left then swelling and building to a crescendo till it echoed off the =
back of=20
the stage,=20
OOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSS=
SSSSSSSSS,=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>OOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL=
LSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS,=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>OOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL=
LSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>it erupted into a massive cheer as Rob, =
Martin,=20
Jim, Bones and some tall bald fella took the stage.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The crowd then joined Pete and the boys =
in a=20
rendition of Advance Australia Fair, which went down a storm after which =
they=20
launched straight into Redneck, in my opinion the perfect opener, and we =
all=20
started jumping, dancing and just doing our thing for the next sweaty,=20
energetic, enjoyable and all to short hour and a half!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The crowd were very well behaved, no =
rednecks in my=20
area to spoil things just a whole bunch of people leaping around and =
having a=20
good time.&nbsp; Did have one guy muscle his way in front of me at one =
point and=20
after a few mins of elbowing I gave him the space and went and found one =
with a=20
better view :-)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>There was quite a lot of crowd surfing =
going on=20
during the whole day and the Oils crowd was no exception, every time a =
surfer=20
got too close to the front line the security guys would grab them and =
pull them=20
out, the surfers then went round the side of the stage, out of a side =
door in=20
the barricade and back into the crowd.&nbsp; One girl behind me was =
using my=20
shoulders to pull herself up when jumping to get more height and then =
kept=20
apologising before doing it again, but as she weighed nothing at all it =
was not=20
a problem.&nbsp; I dont know if she was the same girl who was using my =
back as a=20
makeshift drum during 'Sometimes'?????</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The Oils were on top form as they =
punched out one=20
excellent track after another.&nbsp; My favourite of the night?&nbsp; =
Has to be=20
Short Memory! Hearing the crowd belting out 'short memory, must have a =
short=20
memory' made the hairs stand up on my neck.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>They started off in full electric mode, =
with the=20
Capricornia calf logo on the bass drum, for around 6 numbers then =
switched to=20
the front of stage acoustic line up with Rob on his small kit for a few =
numbers=20
including an absolutely rocking version of Blue Sky, then it was back to =
the=20
full electric&nbsp; set up.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I was a bit disappointed that Rob had =
the big tin=20
'water tower' next to him but never played it, he almost made up for it =
though=20
at the end of the encore when he stood up on top of his kit, lights =
ablaze and=20
smoke swirling round him as he crashed out the final chord(?) of=20
Sometimes.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>If I had been more alert after, I could =
have got a=20
drum stick, one landed right a my feet but I didn't notice (duh!) and =
the guy=20
next to me went diving to the floor like someone was shooting at him to =
retrieve=20
it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>As always I have been left feeling I =
was part of=20
something special and left feeling slightly empty because tonight there =
is no=20
Oils :-( except on my stereo.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Cant wait till they return to our=20
shores.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Pete did say at one point (just before =
they played=20
Luritja?) that they have been on the road for 7 weeks and are looking =
forward to=20
returning.&nbsp; As he was talking about Australia at this point should =
we=20
assume that they are going home before they come back to Europe or, =
perish the=20
thought, was this our only gig of this tour.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Just read Dom's mail on the festival =
and his set=20
list sounds about right.&nbsp; Thanks for the reminder about the cow =
noises Dom,=20
I'd forgotten about them :-)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Where abouts were you standing and did =
you see any=20
of the other acts?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Well I wonder how many of you have read =
this=20
far?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hope you enjoyed reading this as much =
as I enjoyed=20
writing it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Keep the reports coming guys n =
gurls</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Nigel</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>My life is a valuable thing, I want to =
keep it that=20
way.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hercules</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><BR>---<BR>Outgoing mail is certified =
Virus=20
Free.<BR>Checked by AVG anti-virus system (<A=20
href=3D"http://www.grisoft.com">http://www.grisoft.com</A>).<BR>Version: =
6.0.365 /=20
Virus Database: 202 - Release Date: 24/05/02</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_004B_01C20B25.1FC69A40--