Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Abbreviation?

Beth Curran bcurran@columbus.rr.com
Sat, 27 Jul 2002 11:47:57 -0400

And here I was, thinking it had something to do with electronics.....
but why would you call an RSL a "20kW RSL"?  Is that some kind of catch
phrase?  I mean, around here our VFW's aren't exactly known for a high
degree of "electricity" and they sure as hell wouldn't have the Oils!
Man, if they got up there and started playing "US Forces" and "Read
About It" at a VFW, there'd be an all-out riot!!!!
Signed, a very puzzled Beth Curran

BTW, isn't it fun having all the videos in one place, and seeing the
progress in the degree of artistry over time?

-----Original Message-----
From: powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu
[mailto:powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu] On Behalf Of Brian Jacobs
Sent: Saturday, July 27, 2002 1:06 AM
To: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
Subject: Re: [Powderworks] Abbreviation?

Nope.  In the context of 20KWatt RSL it's "Returned Servicemen's
League," an Aussie VFW.  Here in NZ they're RSA's (Associations)

Brian

---
Rakastaai han maainen, seka kantaai rakas heitan hei tahtille taivassa.

On Sat, 27 Jul 2002 00:02:03
 Dr. J. Lee Hoover wrote:
> Received Signal Level.

nonstop, nights & weekend.  The kids are in bed and I've been watching
my new 20kW DVD and stringing beads for the past 2 hours.  I have
entered the xone - I am one with the Oils.  Life is OK.  Good night,
workers - Beth