Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Salt Lake City, UT (actually Orem, about 50 miles South) 2002 - AWESOME!

Henry Longmore Henry.Krit.Longmore@m.cc.utah.edu
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 01:14:21 -0600 (MDT)

I went to the Las Vegas show last fall, it was good, but compared to
this one, well, it doesn't fare well.

Met a powderworker (Hi Al :), would have liked to have met more, maybe
some other time.  Opening act (dropline?) was good (better than Will
Hodge was last fall, don't know about Will Hodge this summer).  Got
very sweaty, danced the whole time.  It was probably a good thing I
went by myself; I think I annoyed some of the people around me,
especially on songs they didn't know (Lucky Country for one).  Had a
blast, wish I could have made it to more shows.

Played Setlist (19 songs):
Redneck Wonderland
Too Much Sunshine
Put Down That Weapon
Truganini
Lucky Country (!!!)
-----Acoustic/Rob up front------
(Warning to yobs (body surfing--P.G. says it's old, it went out a long
time ago, if you want to do something, play a sport))
Luritja Way
Short Memory
Now or Neverland
Blue Sky Mining
----End Acoustic----
Say Your Prayers
Golden Age
King of the Mountain
River Runs Red
Only the Strong
Dead Heart  (special emphasis on "Uranium companies")
Beds Are Burning
(say they have to go)
Dreamworld
-----Encore-----
Power & Passion
Forgotten Years

Wasn't close enough to get a stick, didn't get to go backstage.
I've got to go to sleep...I'm worn out.