Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] FTP

Vesa Laine Vesa.Laine@mbnet.fi
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 17:44:10 +0200

> What is up with that server ?
> I am getting "sorry you are not welcome on that server" messages.
> Mark Nash

This means that you have been trying to connect the ftp server several times
during a short period of time. It is a security measure, multiple contacts
might mean some kind of bombing attack against the server so after some fixed
amount of tries they stop receiving connections from your address. This is
only temporary, you can connect again after some predefined time.

I got this error too after repeatedly trying to connect to the server which
seems to have maximum amount of users all the time. I guess everybody is
downloading Golden age and Too much sunshine :-).

Vesa