Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] * Tree Announcement

Lane, Andrew Andrew.Lane@experko.chh.com
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 08:59:06 +1100

can you send me all the contracts too, i want to run them by my solicitor.

-----Original Message-----
From: Midnight Oils Tree [mailto:MOilTree@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, 24 January 2002 17:05
To: MOils List
Subject: [Powderworks] * Tree Announcement

There has been a paucity of Oils shows circulating on the list
for some time.  In celebration of the last Fall's wonderful tour
and as an appetizer of more good things to come, I thought I'd
take the time to launch this CDR tree.  Before going further, its
important to emphasise that this is for trading only and that no
copies should be sold, auctioned or anything else like that.
That would be completely against the spirit of this list and the
Oils.  PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY TO
THE END IF INTERESTED.

The tree will be 6 CDRs and have three shows:
September 13, 1990 Milwaukee - audience recording; bit distant
with some crowd noise but perfectly listenable
October 11, 2001 San Francisco - audience recording via Schoeps
CCM4>Aerco>DAT>CDR; nice recording
October 23, 2001 Milwaukee - audience recording via Coresounds
Cadiods w/bass filter>D100 from stage center-left FOB; the band
complained (rightly so) about the room's poor acoustics and the
recording reflects the conditions but is also perfectly
listenable

Spots in the tree are available for branches and leaves.
Branches must agree to do b&p if their leaves request, on a 1:1
basis - no 2:1 or similar things.  If you are reading this and do
not understand how trees work, go to the following web page for a

PLEASE FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY - INVARIABLY SOME DO NOT - I
DO NOT HAVE TIME TO DEAL WITH SUCH FOLKS
To sign up as a branch, send a return email with the following
information:

in subject line: BRANCH LOCATION #
where location is your country or state (if U.S.) and # is the
number of copies you will make for leaves
(e.g., BRANCH  NORWAY 5

in the message body,
all on one line please provide:
Name,  Email address,  Location  #
(e.g., Petra Garrett, oilsaregreat@hotmail.com, Norway 5)

below that please tell me what equipment and software you use to
extract and burn discs and then lastly please include your trade
list or link to your trade list.  All of this information is
needed to try to ensure we have experienced folks branching.
To sign up as a leaf, please send a return email with the
following information:

in subject line: LEAF LOCATION
where location is your country or state (if US)
(e.g., LEAF MICHIGAN)

in the message body,
on one line please provide
Name, Email address, Location

Do not expect a reply to your email immediately, but I will post
the structure within 1-2 weeks of closing the offer.  Unless
there is some emergency causing a delay.  I will post the
structure as soon as it is ready.  While I do not intend to be
slow about all this, I would appreciate patience by all
participants.  I have run many trees over the years and they
always get done but sometimes run into somebody who gets very
impatient.

Next, there are no guarantees that everyone will get disks.  The
tree will be limited by the number of volunteers we have to serve
as branches for this big set of disks.  But, I'll bet there will
be at least 10 branches which means that even if they only handle
leaves, a lot of copies will go into circulation.  If you get
left out as a leaf, I hope you understand.  You should be able to
post for the tree.

Also, this will be an unmonitored tree -- that is, I will not be
checking to see that it is moving smoothly.  It is up to leaves
and branches to tell me of a problem and then I will get
involved.  If you do not tell me, I will not know about the
problem.

Hope that is clear.  Looking forward to spreading the good tunes.

Cheers,