Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Bit on Sony Music Australia site

Tim Clausz tclausz@hotmail.com
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 11:22:05 -0500

>Were the band dropped, or did they drop the label?

Maurice,

I can't tell if you're sincerely asking me or mocking me for not knowing!  I
know that Peter has said in interviews that both parties were unhappy, but I
find it odd that they are still with Sony just about everywhere else but the
US.  The implication seems to be that the American division of Sony was
different than their divisions in other parts of the world…

However, I must state that I really have no idea and am basing this on my
cynical view of big record companies (and the record industry) in general!
One thing I do know is that the American division of Sony Music didn't
promote the Oils at all.  Hopefully Liquid8 will do a better job.