Midnight Oil

Re[1]: [Powderworks] The Real Thing Thang

thewave@oils-forever.com thewave@oils-forever.com
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 17:03:34 +0000 (GMT)

------=_Part_1400_5008644.1011373414347

Hey, my taste is amazing too!

Okay, I'm not as much into The Church as some of you.  I'm not on a list fo=
r them or anything, and only have 2 of their recordings.  But I like them.

Actually, years ago, before I knew either The Church or The Oils, I saw bot=
h featured in the same ad in my little Columbia House music club brochure. =
 I was trying to get into new and different music, and the descriptions of =
both sounded very interesting.  Just having bought my first CD player, I jo=
ined the CD club and ordered both _Diesel and Dust_ and _Starfish_ among my=
 first selections.  (A friend of mine already played "Beds Are Burning" for=
 me, and I think I heard at least "Under the Milky Way", and maybe other Ch=
urch songs, from another friend.)

Of the whole lot of CDs, _Diesel and Dust_ - my first listen to The Oils (a=
ssuming "Sun City" doesn't count) - was by far my favorite!  I definitely l=
iked and still like _Starfish_ too though.  I was interested to hear more o=
f The Oils in particular though, and soon bought _10 to 1_ at a discount (t=
he fools!!), and borrowed _Red Sails_ from the library - impressed by both.=
  Then _Blue Sky Mining_ came out shortly thereafter, and after sufficient =
time to work its way into my ears, skin, brain, and soul, I officially had =
a new favorite band!

The point is, I first learned of both bands at the same time, but then just=
 took different roads with them.

Jonathan