Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Red Sails

Lina Yune midoil2001@yahoo.com.au
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 12:52:58 +1100 (EST)

--0-1045592740-1011145978=:23817

  Glitch <sena.reisenweaver@verizon.net> wrote:
RSITS was the second MO album I got, after D&D. I was just a kid, and we
had just moved from Africa to the states so I was in a major state of shock
but so happy to have something called a music store...anyway that album is
burned into my brain from those days of flux. I love it because it gave
voice to my feelings at the time, that my whole world was turned upside down
and nothing made sense anymore. (Yes, parents, this is what it feels like to
your kid when you move from one continent to another.) Only much later did
the album start to make any sense to me.

RSITS was also my 2nd Oils album following D&D.  Just like Glitch, I came to US as a child, from Ukraine.  I recall hearing Powderworks in 1977 when I lived in Italy at the jukebox at the beach.  I really liked the song, but didn't follow up.  When I came to US, in college, there was one guy from Australia, and he had D&D and I got hooked.  He then let me hear earlier stuff, and when I heard Powderworks - wow that was that song which I heard before, and liked so much.  He let me keep his D&D tape.  That wasn't enough - I wanted more....That's when I found Red Sails.  (tape).  I wore those tapes out!  Actually D&D was eaten by tape player in the car, and I even tried to fix it, but it didn't work.  I finally found them all on CDs.

Bells and Horns is one of my
all-time favorites, same with Sleep and Boxers.

Bells and Horns was my daughter's favourite song when she just learned how to walk.  She would listen to that tape over and over and when it stopped she would cry until I flip the tape.  And she would do the funniest dance with Bells and Horns.  She is 10 yrs old now, and still does that same dance...lol

And Breathe! Amazing! It's like after all the fury has spent itself, they
come through to this other place, where there is bitterness, grief, and yes,
some celebration too, but celebration in a sort of looking-backward way,
always mindful of what came before and what is to come.
Tom: life _is_ a cruel joke, but after all your anger is spent there is a
place of quiet on the other side. It's almost worth it.

Ah, the Breathe!  I believe that it's my most favourite album of Oils so far.  There's something about the music, and the feeling, that no words can describe.  All the emotion combined with catchy rhythms.  I think I will listen to Breathe right now.

Lina

Where is the ground, the beloved country? Women and men who have fallen silent Where are the words that can speak forgiveness? Now is the time Now is the time Now is the time to heal

Midnight Oil

---------------------------------
My Yahoo!- It's My Yahoo! Get your own!
--0-1045592740-1011145978=:23817

<P>
<P>&nbsp; <B><I>Glitch &lt;sena.reisenweaver@verizon.net&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<P>RSITS was the second MO album I got, after D&amp;D. I was just a kid, and we<BR>had just moved from Africa to the states so I was in a major state of shock<BR>but so happy to have something called a music store...anyway that album is<BR>burned into my brain from those days of flux. I love it because it gave<BR>voice to my feelings at the time, that my whole world was turned upside down<BR>and nothing made sense anymore. (Yes, parents, this is what it feels like to<BR>your kid when you move from one continent to another.) Only much later did<BR>the album start to make any sense to me. </P>
<P><EM>RSITS was also my 2nd Oils album following D&amp;D.&nbsp; Just like Glitch, I came to US as a child, from Ukraine.&nbsp; I recall hearing Powderworks in 1977 when I lived in Italy at the jukebox at the beach.&nbsp; I really liked the song, but didn't follow up.&nbsp; When I came to US, in college, there was one guy from Australia, and he had D&amp;D and I got hooked.&nbsp; He then let me hear earlier stuff, and when I heard Powderworks - wow that was that song which I heard before, and liked so much.&nbsp; He let me keep his D&amp;D tape.&nbsp; That wasn't enough - I wanted more....That's when I found Red Sails.&nbsp; (tape).&nbsp; I wore those tapes out!&nbsp; Actually D&amp;D was eaten by tape player in the car, and I even tried to fix it, but it didn't work.&nbsp; I finally found them all on CDs.</EM></P>
<P>Bells and Horns is one of my<BR>all-time favorites, same with Sleep and Boxers.</P>
<P><EM>Bells and Horns was my daughter's favourite song when she just learned how to walk.&nbsp; She would listen to that tape over and over and when it stopped she would cry until I flip the tape.&nbsp; And she would do the funniest dance with Bells and Horns.&nbsp; She is 10 yrs old now, and still does that same dance...lol</EM></P><EM></EM>
<P><BR>And Breathe! Amazing! It's like after all the fury has spent itself, they<BR>come through to this other place, where there is bitterness, grief, and yes,<BR>some celebration too, but celebration in a sort of looking-backward way,<BR>always mindful of what came before and what is to come.<BR>Tom: life _is_ a cruel joke, but after all your anger is spent there is a<BR>place of quiet on the other side. It's almost worth it.</P>
<P><EM>Ah, the Breathe!&nbsp; I believe that it's my most favourite album of Oils so far.&nbsp; There's something about the music, and the feeling, that no words can describe.&nbsp; All the emotion combined with catchy rhythms.&nbsp; I think I will listen to Breathe right now.</EM><BR></P>
<P>&nbsp;</P></BLOCKQUOTE><BR><BR><P>Lina</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P><EM>Where is the ground, the beloved country? Women and men who have fallen silent Where are the words that can speak forgiveness? Now is the time Now is the time Now is the time to heal </P>
- It's My Yahoo! Get your own!
--0-1045592740-1011145978=:23817--