Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Random ramblings and questions

Mathias Hermansson hermanator51@hotmail.com
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 10:35:22

<DIV></DIV>
<P>Upon the subject of Red Sails Mr "Getting Married within two weeks" wrote:</P>
<P>&gt;I definitely would not lend this CD to anyone who wasn't already somewhat exposed to the Oils. </P>
<DIV>And I have to disagree. I have friends who are more likely to like RSITS more than any other Oils album, and in this case I start by playing this one and 10-1 for them. These two are the Oils most progressive albums, and I am quite sure that within ten or twenty years these two will be the only Oils albums which I will still listen to regularly, maybe along with Head Injuries since that one is a very good representative of "Late 70's Punk Music" along with Clash stuff.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>/Herman</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>PS "Sleep" is really one of the best songs ever written by anyone!</DIV>