Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Random ramblings and questions

Serandipitey@aol.com Serandipitey@aol.com
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 14:44:56 EST

--part1_1e.217d1db4.29748f38_boundary

Hi,
Thanks for all the responses. Let me say that already I like the album a
little bit more than when I sent my original message, and about ten times
more than the first time I listened to it! (about 4-5 days ago) So it's
coming along. It's definately got a very strange style though, the songs, and
even different parts of the same songs, don't seem to fit together. I'm
getting a feel for the intensity of the album, which is a quiet intensity,
not a RW intensity.
Jim, you're right, the lyrics are great. Very very strong. So far I think my
favorite song is Who Can Stand in the Way?, also Kosciusko, Sleep, and
Minutes to Midnight are very good. I don't like When the Generals Talk much,
the music is pretty ridiculous. As for Helps Me Helps You, it's probably one
of the worst songs I've heard by the Oils, but I like it despite myself. Good
lyrics. And it's kinda fun, too. Jimmy Sharman's Boxers is good too, but
difficult to listen to.

Ciao,

Varina

--part1_1e.217d1db4.29748f38_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>Hi,
<BR>Thanks for all the responses. Let me say that already I like the album a little bit more than when I sent my original message, and about ten times more than the first time I listened to it! (about 4-5 days ago) So it's coming along. It's definately got a very strange style though, the songs, and even different parts of the same songs, don't seem to fit together. I'm getting a feel for the intensity of the album, which is a quiet intensity, not a RW intensity.
<BR>Jim, you're right, the lyrics are great. Very very strong. So far I think my favorite song is Who Can Stand in the Way?, also Kosciusko, Sleep, and Minutes to Midnight are very good. I don't like When the Generals Talk much, the music is pretty ridiculous. As for Helps Me Helps You, it's probably one of the worst songs I've heard by the Oils, but I like it despite myself. Good lyrics. And it's kinda fun, too. Jimmy Sharman's Boxers is good too, but difficult to listen to.
<BR>
<BR>Ciao,
<BR>
<BR>Varina</FONT></HTML>