Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Track listing for Capricornia from Liquid8

Maurice R. Kelly mkelly@deadheart.org.uk
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 14:40:58 +0000 (GMT)

On Jan 12, Andy Gillcrist wrote:

> So, generally speaking, why is it that the same album might be
> released with different tracks in different countries?  Seems like
> this happens all the time, not just with the Oils.  Is it the record
> companies trying to market the album to that location's perceived
> musical tastes, hoping it'll sell better?  Or... what?  I mean, Say
> Your Prayers completely rocks!  Why wouldn't it be on the Euro
> release?  And would the Euro release have some other great song
> that us Yanks might not appreciate?

Just a thought, but is it possible that they're puttin an extra track on
the US version to encourage US sales. The band are trying to re-establish
themselves overseas, so making the domestic (in the US) version with an
extra track is an ideal way to encourage domestic sales versus imports
(which may actually be cheaper - I know they are for me in the UK)

Cheers,

--
Maurice R. Kelly
mkelly@deadheart.org.uk