Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Track listing for Capricornia from Liquid8

Bawolski@aol.com Bawolski@aol.com
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 00:21:02 EST

--part1_26.217649e2.2972733e_boundary

In a message dated 1/12/2002 7:21:45 PM Pacific Standard Time,
andrewg@nwlink.com writes:

> So, generally speaking, why is it that the same album might be
> released with different tracks in different countries?  Seems like
> this happens all the time, not just with the Oils.  Is it the record
> companies trying to market the album to that location's perceived
> musical tastes, hoping it'll sell better?  Or... what?  I mean, Say
> Your Prayers completely rocks!  Why wouldn't it be on the Euro
> release?  And would the Euro release have some other great song
> that us Yanks might not appreciate?

I would guess that in this case it's because "The Real Thing" CD was not
released
in the U. S., so that is why "Say Your Prayers" is being included.  Of course
then
why not the other three studio tracks from that CD...hell why not the whole
thing!
I can't really say why tracks differ depending on which country a CD is
released
in, but I don't think it's as common as it used to be.  Back in the
mid-sixties it
was the common practice in Britain to not include singles on album releases.

Compare some of the Beatles and Stones early albums to their American
counterparts - there is quite a diversity in them.
Mike

--part1_26.217649e2.2972733e_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 1/12/2002 7:21:45 PM Pacific Standard Time, andrewg@nwlink.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">So, generally speaking, why is it that the same album might be<BR>
released with different tracks in different countries?&nbsp; Seems like<BR>
this happens all the time, not just with the Oils.&nbsp; Is it the record<BR>
companies trying to market the album to that location's perceived<BR>
musical tastes, hoping it'll sell better?&nbsp; Or... what?&nbsp; I mean, Say<BR>
Your Prayers completely rocks!&nbsp; Why wouldn't it be on the Euro<BR>
release?&nbsp; And would the Euro release have some other great song<BR>
that us Yanks might not appreciate?<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
I would guess that in this case it's because "The Real Thing" CD was not released<BR>
in the U. S., so that is why "Say Your Prayers" is being included.&nbsp; Of course then<BR>
why not the other three studio tracks from that CD...hell why not the whole thing!<BR>
I can't really say why tracks differ depending on which country a CD is released<BR>
in, but I don't think it's as common as it used to be.&nbsp; Back in the mid-sixties it <BR>
was the common practice in Britain to not include singles on album releases.&nbsp; <BR>
Compare some of the Beatles and Stones early albums to their American <BR>
counterparts - there is quite a diversity in them.&nbsp; <BR>
Mike</FONT></HTML>

--part1_26.217649e2.2972733e_boundary--