Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] nmoc - talking heads' david byrne in Sydney!!!!

evil bastard evilbastard@altavista.com
7 Jan 2002 07:47:28 -0800

hey guys..sorry for hte nmoc..but hey, it's byrne.

David Byrne's about to make an appearance in sydney in support of his new book.
the advert for his book is on display at circular quay...so if you were
wondering what those images were with poetic sin writing, well... that's the
answer...

and as an additional treat for you ozzies, he's doing two shows at the state
theatre on i think jan 22 and jan 23.

i was lucky enough to catch him at the phoenix concert theatre in toronto last
may for his first performance of his into the eyeball tour supporting his newest
album.  its a pretty good album and is his best solo effort to date, though it
runs a bit short.

as an added plus for you talking heads fans (too bad you're not there now rich!)
he does some great talking heads material and is more generous with his past work
than i was hoping he'd be!

hope all you sydneysider's are doing well and are safe from the fires and such.

wish the canadian gov't could send me there to lend a hand, but they've overspent
their budget on defence..so..i guess i'm just s.o.l. :(

enjoy the performances....sigh..it seems like an eternity since i was front row
at the state theatre...how did we manage to get front row for every show anyway??
thank you krustyfries for that one! ehheeh especially when you pushed me out
past the bouncer! hhahhahaa

ps. shameless plug..anyone know of any job openings with great pay, and little
responsibility???  if so, i can assure you i am more than qualified and should
be looked at as a "shoo-in" candidate!  ...and if you have an australian branch
of the company, then i am soooooooooooooooo there!  or, if you are in australia and want to hire a canadian...sponsor me please!!!

*that's if i'm not a fugitive with the perth police force yet* :)

oh well..enough rant for now.

happy new year everyone...you know who you are! <g>

curtis

http://www.shopping.altavista.com