Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: Last song let down

stephen.wood@stockford.net stephen.wood@stockford.net
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 13:46:28 +1100

How can you call 'Drop in the Ocean' a let down???

It is a great song and a perfect way to finish such an intense and
psychotic album like redneck wonderland.
I have a vivid memory of Seeing the Oils on the redneck wonderland tour at
Latrobe Uni in Melbourne in 1998 and watching Jim and Martin play the
Keyboards together during drop in the ocean (Jim did the piano and Martin
did the tuba during the choruses). It was a great sight and it is a great
song.

redneck wonderland is so intense that you need a little mallowness at the
end to give your brain a chance to cool down!!

Just my 2 cents worth.

Steve.

Oh, and i was up the front both nights at the forum. All I can say is WOW!!
They just keep getting better. Can't wait to get home and open my
pre-ordered capricornia cd. Hope they come back to Oz soon and play some
more shows!!