Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] A crocodile cries.......

Jeff and Jane Scott jscott@iinet.net.au
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 20:59:49 +0800

At 21-02-02 10:09 PM -0500, Oils21@aol.com wrote:
>Has anyone noticed that aside from the track titled "a crocodile cries'
>there is also the lyric in Poets and Slaves that goes:
>
>"somewhere in the quiet wild darkness a crocodile cries"
>
>Perhaps that instrumental track was originally part of what is now Poets
>and Slaves? I find this very interesting, maybe I;m just wierd.

they have been known to swap bits and pieces around before...  eg the "true
believers blind" version of cemetery, before they nicked pre-chorus from
Rob's Dead Modern and Paid For.

and there was a song demo'ed for Red Sails (but not eventually recorded)
which included the line "Bells and horns in the back of
beyond".  oops!  can't say that!

jeff...