Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Early demo?

Travis Zanoni TravisZ@actf.com.au
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 11:23:54 +1100

Maurice I really think that loading it onto the web is a bad idea and a tad
disrespectful to the band.  The Red Sails demos only got out because
someone, somewhere...maybe at the studio they were recorded, stole a copy.
The band don't want them out there....if they wanted you to hear it...they'd
release it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Maurice R. Kelly [mailto:mkelly@deadheart.org.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 10:03 PM
To: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
Subject: [Powderworks] Early demo?

An Oils collector just mailed me an MP3 of what he says is an early
demo (1983) - it certainly sounds like the Oils - very raw though. The
intro and outro has the Bullroarer riff, and the lyrics are very Oilsy.
Oh, yeah, and the verse lyrics beginning with the words "Something..."
reminds me a lot of the Ghosties. If this is real, and I think it might
be, it's could be quite an interesting history to some later songs.

I'm currently uploading it to the FTP server

ftp://midnight:oil@24.169.160.249/Uploads/

The file is called i_want_to_live_here-possible_early_demo.mp3 (my file
name) - and if the guy who sent it is on the list - cheers mate.

Cheers,

--
Maurice R. Kelly
mkelly@deadheart.org.uk