Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] frustrating buying experience

Kevin Worth kworth@engin.umich.edu
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 13:54:14 -0500

Just got back from picking up the new release.

First went to Circuit City since I read here that they would have a
decent price.  No sign of it and no one around to help.  I even found
the MO section (it had 1 D&D 1 20K RSL and 1 BSM) but it wasn't
there.  Went a few shops over to Borders.  They had it, for $17.99.
Since I knew Circuit City was supposed to have it, I went back,
determined to find someone to ask.  On my 3rd person, they knew what
I was talking about and had seen it earlier.  After a bit of
sarching, we found it a couple aisles over.  The clerk filed the
discs appropriately.

I noticed that the Borders version was in the traditional jewel case,
but the circuit city one was in the cardboard case.  This one has the
EPK on it, don't know if the other one does or not.  The EPK is very
cool.  The video quality is high, I was able to play it at full
screen without any pixelation.

Now it's time to listen to the music!

Hope everyone else has an easier time finding it.

Kevin