Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Tour Merch...

Powderlurker . powderlurker@hotmail.com
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 13:03:48 +1100

>From: "Peter Scott Poitras" <pete.poitras@the-spa.com>
>To: "Powderlurker ." <powderlurker@hotmail.com>
>Subject: RE: [Powderworks] St Mary's show
>Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 19:25:45 -0500

>What do they have for promo stuff this time around, shirt designs, etc?
>If anything interesting, might be a savings for me to have you pick up
>something up for me, and then reimburse you.  The promoters really stuck it
>to us for stuff price-wise ($30US for a tee, $50US for a three
>button/collared shirt).

Man, you think YOU got stung for merch.... we got stung so badly that we
DIDN'T even have anything to gripe about the prices with...
once again... no shirts, no nuthin'. ACME blows... (that's why I had a
tirade the last time & the time before (when all they sold was leftovers
from the real thing tour... with the previous year's dates still on the
shirts...).

I can see the argument now... it wasn't really worth it for a couple of
shows... except HOW MANY shows have they done since they premiered this
material (at Dapto?). 5 this time, about 20 plus, last time, the Manly
Leagues, etc. shows prior to that...  how many shows do you have to do to
justify printing &  selling a t-shirt?
If Acme won't print them, just use Simon at U-beaut. I'm sure he'd be more
than keen to do a smaller print run.
And besides... Acme's X-Large's are getting smaller &  smaller...
tight@$$e$!

As Krusty  says...  "the merchandising??  But that's the sweetest plum of

just a thought...
PL.