Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] St Mary's show

Megan Fitzgerald mfitzgerald@michelswarren.com.au
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 11:09:15 +1100

Yes, St Mary's is a bloody long way from Sydney.  Its also a pretty rough
area out there.

I thought they were brilliant, they really got into all of the songs.    PG
looked very happy to be back up on stage.
I particularly liked the big iron cow standing on its hind legs on stage.
Windmills and barb wire printed on there tops and pants.

A few more too add:

Mission
Golden Age
Too Much Sunshine
Overpass
Forgotten Years
Progress
Hercules
King
Dreamworld
Time to Heel
Tone Poem
Redneck Wonderland
Say your Prayers

It all looked like it was over but then they came back out and PG was
wearing an Amnesty shirt.  They sang a song I'd never heard or recognised
(yes, that's pretty bad)before about refugees and then they left.

4 more shows this week!! If you are seeing any of them, you are going to
love it!!!

Megs