Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Quiz Question

Jurriaan on Alpha thunder7@xs4all.nl
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 07:22:52 +0100

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 04:57:42PM -0600, The Oilman wrote:
> Actually, NMA song IS called My Country. Off the NO REST FOR THE WICKED lp.
> I am listening to it right now. "Yes I will fight for my country, the land
> that I love so well."
>
> But Jonathan IS correct that their song call My People of the amazing 1993's
> THE LOVE OF HOPELESS CAUSES cd has the lyrics  "My people, right or
> wrong..."
>
> NMA is an incredible band, only band that stands up to my OILY expectations
> of bands!

I fully agree. And if you like the oils and NMA, you may also like

The Oyster Band

which is a lot more folk, but has the same intensity, and the same
lyrics forged in the dark Thatcher ages - listen to 'Another quiet
night in England' and you'll know what I mean.

Good luck,
Jurriaan
--
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
	Ashleigh Brilliant