Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC Superbowl

Dan Heaton dnheaton@yahoo.com
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 07:49:09 -0800 (PST)

For me, the most demeaning aspect of the Superbowl was
seeing my beloved Rams lose a heartbreaker at the last
second.

But apart from football, there were plenty of
groan-inducing moments during the telecast.  The Paul
McCartney and Bradshaw duo was especially bad (and his
dull freedom song).  The Britney commercial was poor,
but that was no shock.  I didn't mind U2.  The U.S.
flag-posturing was a little much, but they put on a
good show.  From what I've heard, their tour was very
impressive.

Another commercial that didn't work for me was the
Budweiser ad with the Clysdales walking towards New
York and the World Trade Center. While it may of had
good intentions, having the horses crying and sitting
in the snow was a little much.

Also, enough with the Mlife!

Dan