Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: what have I done?

Kate Parker Adams kate@dnki.net
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 21:05:48 -0500

I'd say one of mine came at a school dance event last year.  The
sing-a-long dj put on Brittney's "Oops I did it again" and six-year-old
Nicky sat there listening to its tale of constant coquettish deceit with a
concerned look on his face while the fifth grade girls gyrated and sang along.

About halfway through the song Nicky announces "This is awful.  This is
really wrong!  I wouldn't want to be her friend!  That girl in the song
sure is mean!".

That boy may dance to anything, but at least he's listening critically to
the lyrics.  SCORE!

And he couldn't stand Barney either!