Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Disc recommendations...

jccuneo@mail.bellsouth.net jccuneo@mail.bellsouth.net
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 15:39:35 -0600

I'll take a stab at this:

>D and D tour

"Older Than Forever "
Toronto, Canada
August 5, 1988

Great gig - the Dead Heart on this one is absolutely incredible.

>ESM tour

Blue Sky, Red Earth
Ronnie Scott's
London, England
June 23, 1993

Put on the radio, if I remember right.  Classic Oils gig.  The MTV
Unplugged is pretty darn good from this era, too.

>Breathe tour

More than a few good ones here, but I'd recommend:

No Beds Are Burning
Hamburg, Germany
October 21, 1996

There are a few other good ones in '96, but this one is probably the most
easily found.

Live at the Mercury Lounge
Mercury Lounge
New York, New York
December 5, 1997

Actually, they did 3 nights in a row.  All are incredible, including a
breathtaking version of "You May Not Be Released".

>Redneck/Real Thing

Redneck Rambling
Penrith Leagues
Sydney, Australia

Magnus Goes to the Show
State Theater, Sydney
August 22, 2000

Both of these were trees off of the list, and the sound quality on both are
superb.

>Capricornia tour.
I would like to hear about later concerts as well, seeing as my 60+ hour
work weeks have kept me from any meaningful collecting lately.

And the hard work weeks continue, so please no requests.  I simply do not
have the time at present (hopefully after Christmas sometime things will
slow down).

Take care.

Jacques