Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] unsupportive article in the australian

Tanya Euler tanya@gil.com.au
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 21:38:00 +1000

I don't know if it is a matter of hating Peter. There is the classic tall
poppy syndrome here that so many
Aussies seem to fall victim to - jealousy being a better word for it.

Peter has been someone who doesn't seek the media and the limelight unless
he has something
important to say - that usually being against something that is going on
environmentally. I believe
that he and the band as a whole have been involved in a lot of positive
things but they have chosen to
keep them quite and not seek public applause or approval.

If he does want to enter the political arena I think he is going to have to
befriend the media a little more
and let the public see who is - when there isn't a cause to be battling. I
am sure that if people saw the passion
that he has for his country, the people in it and how he has backed up this
rhetoric with actions then they
will "approve" of him.

re the article:
Quite nasty - I recommend anyone who is eloquent in defense and or rebuttle
respond in the "Have your say" section underneath. I'll give it a go but I
am afraid I am not so effective at such things. (sorry par I didn't mean to
reply directly to you)

Tanya