Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Local 'Capricornia' review

Bjorn Blomquist bjorn.blomquist@mbox301.swipnet.se
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 12:14:55 +0100

This review of *Capricornia* was in my local morning paper yesterday
(translated from Swedish of course!):

MIDNIGHT OIL: Capricornia
Rating: 3 out of 5 matches (as we live in "Matchtown"...)

Isn't it strange that some artists have made ever so many records, but
yet are associated with only one song? This is the case particularly for
Midnight Oil, at least outside Australia. "Beds are burning" is very
much equal to the group.
However they have always made reasonable albums, although the band has
never [again] been really near such a big hit. 'Capricornia' is not bad
either. [It's] rock, which hover between the soft, melodious and the
more rough. The title tracks is a good example of the former [category],
and "Mosquito March" one of the latter. Despite this, it feels like the
melodious is dominating, which indeeed is attractive. "Under the
overpass" is the best!

/Bjorn