Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Let's be thankful

Lina Yune midoil2001@yahoo.com.au
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 11:20:58 +1100 (EST)

--0-918837689-1038961258=:88342

Chris,
What a positive message.  Yes, I know, I cried, and still am sometimes, but...you are absolutely right.  All the band members are alive, and just moving from one phase of their life to another, probably even more creative one.  I have my complete trust in them.
Like my other favourite band Steppenwolf...they can't be re-created at all, because many of their band members are no longer alive, while the others are involved in terrible law suits, which only make lawyers rich.
The Oils on the other hand - even though it was sudden to us fans, made a clean exit without any soap operas, law suits, and most of all they are all here and alive... and on to new careers and new endeavors.  I am sure it is hard for them too, to break up something that means to them so much, and they are in a way making a big sacrifice.
I just want to be thankful for their hard work as Midnight Oil, and am always looking forward to their new work - whether it's political or musical.  Because I consider Oils and Powderworks my friends!  And when you are friends, you are supposed to be supportful and trusting.
Thank you Oils for years of music, and good luck...and want you to know you have friends all over the World.

Lina
 "Chris W. Rea" <cwrea@vex.net> wrote:
When I heard "something happened to Midnight Oil" from a friend today, I
feared the worst... then after finding out it's just a breakup, I sighed
relief. Peter left the band - it is sad, yes... But I'm damn thankful what's
happening here is nothing like what happened to INXS five years ago. That,
at the time, completely floored me.

This other kind of stuff happens all the time. Hunters & Collectors for
example... no more, but now former front-man Mark Seymour has a flourishing
solo career [really great stuff!] And he's not the only one in the band who
picked up from there. There's been a lot of good stuff from those guys...
just not together.

Each of the Oils has the potential to go on and continue with wonderful
things - whether it's musical art, politics - or whatever, life carries on.
In the grand scheme of things, I think that's what matters.

Regards,

[ CHRIS W. REA [UL] software architect ]
[ mailto:cwrea@vex.net toronto, canada ]

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Hint Dropper
- Avoid getting hideous gifts this Christmas with Yahoo! Hint Dropper!
--0-918837689-1038961258=:88342

<P>Chris,
<P>What a positive message.&nbsp; Yes, I know, I cried, and still am sometimes, but...you are absolutely right.&nbsp; All the band members are alive, and just moving from one phase of their life to another, probably even more creative one.&nbsp; I have my complete trust in them.
<P>Like my other favourite band Steppenwolf...they can't be re-created at all, because many of their band members are no longer alive, while the others are involved in terrible law suits, which only make lawyers rich.
<P>The Oils on the other hand - even though it was sudden to us fans, made a clean exit without any soap operas, law suits, and most of all they are all here and alive... and on to new careers and new endeavors.&nbsp; I am sure it is hard for them too, to break up something that means to them so much, and they are in a way making a big sacrifice.
<P>I just want to be thankful for their hard work as Midnight Oil, and am always looking forward to their new work - whether it's political or musical.&nbsp; Because I consider Oils and Powderworks my friends!&nbsp; And when you are friends, you are supposed to be supportful and trusting.
<P>Thank you Oils for years of music, and good luck...and want you to know you have friends all over the World.
<P>&nbsp;
<P>Lina