Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] the dream is over

The Monkey Family julian@monkeyfamily.freeserve.co.uk
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 09:57:19 +0100

To be honest with you it seems to make even less sense now than ever. If the
band knew they were calling it quits then surely they would have wanted to say
a goodbye to their European fans who have sorely missed out over the years. If
it really was the end then why worry about doing a few extra shows at
Christmas - I'm sure all of the band could have explained that to their
families and still done a few more Oils shows when they got back to Australia.

The only thing I can think of is that it wasn't decided until after the
European tour was cancelled (maybe the tour was canceled due to other related
band tension) - the band wouldn't be so harsh to think that it's only true
fans are from Australia and that they are the only ones who deserve a goodbye.

Anyway what's the point in speculating...

Julian

>===== Original Message From "rick" <rickysan@speedlink.com.au> =====
>         At least the european workers who gave the band a serve can be happy
now.They got their explanation.

The Monkey Family