Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Cheers to a fantastic band

Varina Crisfield ghostie@snail-mail.net
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 22:52:28 -0600

Wow.
Did that ever shock me. I mean, sure, people were talking about it,
but there are always rumours flying in the entertainment business.

I am so sad and disappointed. I so wanted to see them again in
concert. At least I did get to see them once. And the experience was
absolutely transcendental.

I remember buying my first Oils album - June 1993, ESM (one of the
best). I listened to it till the tape died. Then I bought a
replacement. And it broke too. Now I have it on cd and am dutifully
working on breaking that too (I break everything I own). Like others
on the list, they were a huge influence on me. To hear a "pop" band
(loosely termed) speak of important issues so directly and
intelligently surely had an impact on me.

I am interested to know precisely what Peter will do now. Great work
I'm sure. While I'm sad to see him leave, I'm happy too... one door
is closing and another is opening. On a lighter note, with four guys
who can sing, why don't they form a boy band? LOL. In any case, I
look forward to what they will conjure. Remember, there are loads of
talent in that foursome, I'm sure they will come up with something
just as ingenious as Midnight Oil (unless they become a boy band).

As for powderworks, I want to echo the feelings of others who said it
should continue. Absolutely. Where else can we yammer endlessly about
our favorite band(s) without our audience tuning out? This is a
community of fans, I've only been here for just over a year and
already it's like a little musical home for me. So let's stay, let's
get old together, talk about the good old days and the good new (or
old) music.

As for me, I won't cry. But I could use a hug.

As for the guys, great job. Thank you and good luck. I will still be
there for the next chapter in this story.

Varina, who apologises for yammering on but knows that you
understand...

Care2 make the world greener!
Race to Save the Primates - every click provides food!
http://www.care2.com/go/z/primates