Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Pete Dreams

Bruce Robertson the_oil_fish@yahoo.ca
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 12:08:25 -0500 (EST)

--0-25218700-1038848905=:59344

Powdertribe,

     I dreamed about Pete the other night - so bizarre it was - he came to visit me at my house. It was cold and he sat outside on the frost-covered grass, all thin and boyish and even small-looking. I took him my old guitar and he began to strum a sad sounding song, just sitting by himself out on the dead grass.  It was such a vivid dream, and he seemed so sad...I remember just wanting to give him a hug. Weird eh?

     After 25 years, you've gotta know the end could come anytime. This guy's got teenagers and a large life outside the Oils, but man!! it still shocks and saddens. The world of rock 'n roll is poorer for sure. Thank God for a lasting legacy of profound musical truth.

     Thanks for the passion, patience and persistence Peter, wherever you are. What a magical and inspiring incarnation the Oils have been - thank you thank you thank you!

In the blink of an eye, thank you and goodnight.

bruce in calgary

--0-25218700-1038848905=:59344

<P>Powdertribe,</P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I dreamed about Pete the other night - so bizarre it was - he came to visit me at my house. It was cold and he sat outside on the frost-covered grass, all thin and boyish and even small-looking. I took him my old guitar and he began to strum a sad sounding song, just sitting by himself out on the&nbsp;dead grass. &nbsp;It was such a vivid dream, and he seemed so sad...I remember just wanting to give him a hug. Weird eh?</P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; After 25 years, you've gotta know the end could come anytime. This guy's got teenagers and a large life outside the Oils, but man!! it still shocks and saddens. The world of rock 'n roll is poorer for sure. Thank God for&nbsp;a lasting legacy of profound musical truth.</P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Thanks for the passion, patience and persistence Peter, wherever you are. What a magical and inspiring incarnation the Oils have been - thank you thank you thank you!</P>
<P>In the blink of an eye, thank you and goodnight.</P>
--0-25218700-1038848905=:59344--