Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] The End?

The Monkey Family julian@monkeyfamily.freeserve.co.uk
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 16:57:22 +0100

The band will continue under another guise...I just hope this means they will
not play Oils songs but come up with a whole new identity. If they did this
then there could be a case for getting a new singer. I would still like to see
Bones become front man...we need Rob behind the kit!

Julian
>===== Original Message From ninas <ninajill73@hotmail.com> =====
>i think rob should come to the front. we already know he can sign (from the
>ghostwriters). kind of like when peter gabriel left genesis and phil collins
>(the drummer) came to the front to take over. i think a drummer/singer is a
>great combination.  - however there would no longer be the crazy thrashing
>front man if rob had to be behind a drum kit the whole time! - and that
>would suck, but it would suck even more if someone tried to imitate peter.
>

>on 12/2/02 11:35 AM, The Monkey Family at
>julian@monkeyfamily.freeserve.co.uk wrote:
>
>> OK so this looks like the end...but if you read the statement it seems that
>> 80% of what made the Oils will still be playing their music. I for one look
>> forward to this and really hope they do keep playing together.
Hirst/Moginie
>> songs will continue to appear for many years to come from now on.
>>
>> One question though - who would sing...has Jims voice improved enough?
Can't
>> see them getting another singer...but Bones is very good and so is Rob.
Can't