Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] re: we thought you were leaving, Dale.

Dale Ortiz Dancingtoad69@hotmail.com
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 00:28:54 -0400

------=_NextPart_001_0001_01C24FBC.38DCDE00

Don't be an ass. Lose the attitude, or you will have trouble getting thro=
ugh everyday life. I wasn't "whining". And I didn't lie about leaving. Go=
od day to you, sir!

                                      Dale

----- Original Message -----
From: pete.poitras@the-spa.com
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2002 7:22 AM
To: Dale Ortiz
Cc: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
Subject: Re: [Powderworks] re: we thought you were leaving, Dale.

I'm sorry, Dale, but I am of the opinion that it WAS called for.  =20

You show up on the list, tell everyone you're using a fake name, then qui=
ckly proceed to tell everyone how the list is all messed up because the m=
essages aren't focused on the subject that you want them to be.  =20

THEN, you whine some more, and tell everyone on the list, more than once,=
 that the list sucks so bad, you're off the list.  =20

And then you stay and whine some more, and get all defensive because some=
one called you on the fact that you lied by saying you were leaving and t=
hen not carrying through (again).

I think what you really need to do is ditch this fake persona, join up un=
der a new one, and pretend to be less whiny and just delete messages that=
 don't interest you, and actually contribute to the mailing list with inf=
ormation when you can, not just bitch about what others are contributing.

But that's just my opinion on a rainy day in New England.  I assume there=
 are many people who feel the same way as I do, and many that don't.  Tha=
t's the beauty of the list, diversity.  So if you don't like it, go, but =
for heaven's sake, if you stay, stop bitching...

Pete

 from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

-------------------Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : h=
ttp://explorer.msn.com

------=_NextPart_001_0001_01C24FBC.38DCDE00

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV>Don't be an as=
s. Lose the attitude, or you will have trouble getting through everyday l=
ife. I wasn't "whining". And I didn't lie about leaving. Good day to you,=
 sir!</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Dale</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <BLOC=
KQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 1=
0pt Arial">----- Original Message -----</DIV> <DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #=
e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt Arial; COLOR: black"><B>From:</B> pete.poitras@the-spa=
.com</DIV> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Arial"><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, August =
29, 2002 7:22 AM</DIV> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Arial"><B>To:</B> Dale Or=
tiz</DIV> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Arial"><B>Cc:</B> powderworks@cs.color=
ado.edu</DIV> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: [Powder=
works] re: we thought you were leaving, Dale.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>I'm =
sorry, Dale, but I am of the opinion that it WAS called for.&nbsp; <BR><B=
R>You show up on the list, tell everyone you're using a fake name, then q=
uickly proceed to tell everyone how the list is all messed up because the=
 messages aren't focused on the subject that you want them to be.&nbsp; <=
BR><BR>THEN, you whine some more, and tell everyone on the list, more tha=
n once, that the list sucks so bad, you're off the list.&nbsp; <BR><BR>An=
d then you stay and whine some more, and get all defensive because someon=
e called you on the fact that you lied by saying you were leaving and the=
n not carrying through (again).<BR><BR>I think what you really need to do=
 is ditch this fake persona, join up under a new one, and pretend to be l=
ess whiny and just delete messages that don't interest you, and actually =
contribute to the mailing list with information when you can, not just bi=
tch about what others are contributing.<BR><BR>But that's just my opinion=
 on a rainy day in New England.&nbsp; I assume there are many people who =
feel the same way as I do, and many that don't.&nbsp; That's the beauty o=
f the list, diversity.&nbsp; So if you don't like it, go, but for heaven'=
s sake, if you stay, stop bitching...<BR><BR>Pete<BR><BR>&gt;That was unc=
alled for, dude. There was no need to be like that. Get more from the Web=
.&nbsp; FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com<BR>&lt;br&gt=
;<BR>&gt;<BR>&lt;br&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;Attachment: <BR>&gt;Conten=
t-Type: text/html; charset=3D"iso-8859-1"<BR>&gt;Content-Transfer-Encodin=
g: quoted-printable<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR><BR>-------------------<BR></BLOCK=
QUOTE></BODY></HTML><br clear=3Dall><hr>Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN =
Explorer download : <a href=3D'http://explorer.msn.com'>http://explorer.m=

------=_NextPart_001_0001_01C24FBC.38DCDE00--