Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Shipyards of New Zealand

Brian Jacobs suncrush@lycos.com
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 15:54:16 +1200

Yeah, but the song predates Heston's major involvement with the NRA by 12 years.
---

The "Bonsai Kitten" web site does a reflect a very dark, disturbing trend in our society, and it has nothing to do with animal abuse. It has to do with an ever-increasing sense of entitlement which proclaims that if you don't like what someone else has to say, the best and most proper way of handling your displeasure is to force the other person to shut up.

On Sun, 18 Aug 2002 20:58:14
 Glitch wrote:
>This has come up before, and the only thing I can recall about it (I think
>the 10 Commandments role is a bit of a red herring) is that Heston is/was
>heavily involved with the NRA (National Rifle Association) HITS.  This
>Association lobbies heavily for the right to bear arms.  Don't know if
>there's a connection there or not, could be.
>
>--Glitch
>"There are trivial truths and great truths.
>The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false.
>The opposite of a great truth is also true."
>                     --Niels Bohr

Outgrown your current e-mail service? Get a 25MB Inbox, POP3 Access,
No Ads and No Taglines with LYCOS MAIL PLUS.
http://login.mail.lycos.com/brandPage.shtml?pageId=plus