Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Shipyards of New Zealand

C-ko Linde spinifex@speakeasy.org
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 22:58:38 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Jeremy Oviatt wrote:

> With the recent news of Charlton Heston and his sickness, I've had that
> phrase "Charlton Heston casts the first stone" playing over and over in
> my head.  Anyone know what the refrence was refering to?  Any
> explinations on that song in general.

The only explanation that I can come up with is that Charlton Heston did
play Moses in the '10 Commandments', and there is a verse in the New
Testament, where Jesus says "He who is without sin cast the first stone" at
the stoning of a woman for adultery. (John 7:53 1-11.)

C-ko

--
"It's hard to enjoy a $40 bottle of wine while watching a deeply troubled
woman screaming "BITH! HOAR!" at a one-legged pigeon for 20 minutes."