Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: Total Guitar's top 100 guitarists....very very sad.

tone poem taralys@hotmail.com
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 10:21:34 +1000

not to discredit the great guitar work in MO - but where di Joe Perry (of
Aerosmith) feature - he should be in the top 10!!! (grumbles)

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Tari, Vince" <fstariv1@nmhg.com>
To: "'stephen.wood@stockford.net'" <stephen.wood@stockford.net>,
powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
Subject: RE: [Powderworks] Re: Total Guitar's top 100 guitarists....very
very sad.
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 19:10:58 -0500

The credibility of this list leaves a lot to be desired. It is slanted too
much towards percieved coolness & image, rather than skill & ability.
It was probably put together by the same people who voted Robbie Williams as
the most influential musician(?) of the modern era.

IMHO, I would have put these 4 guys in the top 10 somewhere

 >20 - Angus Young (AC/DC)
 >79 - Tommy Emmanuel (to have him at 79 is just plain insulting)
 >33 - Pete Townshend (The Who)
 >31 - The Edge (U2)

vince