Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Nazis and Taliban

Bawolski@aol.com Bawolski@aol.com
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 13:41:14 EDT

--part1_45.1b8e0c73.2a87fbba_boundary

In a message dated 8/11/2002 3:49:54 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
julian@monkeyfamily.freeserve.co.uk writes:

> . My point was that the US has done some very dodgy
> things...and by the way some people are talking on this list it seems that
> they unable to accept that these things were wrong! I have accepted that
> the
> British Government has been responsible for some monumental acts of evil. I
> would criticise where appropriate. Can you do the same with your
> Government?

Julian - I guess you could say that I've been on the defensive side of the U.
S.
in some of these discussions, but by no means do I think that the U. S.
government doesn't do things which are wrong.  I won't even start going into
the things that really piss me off about our government and the corporations
that it always seems to be bowing down to.  It's just that the U. S. seems
to be such an easy target for people; there is a lot of injustice, evil,
death,
destruction and the like being perpetrated by "non-U.S. forces" in the world,
and at least at times the U.S. has gotten involved to try and help people in
other parts of the world (of course now here will come the responses that
we only do it for our own interests).  Despite what people outside of the
U. S. think there are people in this country who care about humanity and
helping those who are less fortunate without regard for our own interests.

Mike

--part1_45.1b8e0c73.2a87fbba_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 8/11/2002 3:49:54 AM Pacific Daylight Time, julian@monkeyfamily.freeserve.co.uk writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">. My point was that the US has done some very dodgy<BR>
things...and by the way some people are talking on this list it seems that<BR>
they unable to accept that these things were wrong! I have accepted that the<BR>
British Government has been responsible for some monumental acts of evil. I<BR>
would criticise where appropriate. Can you do the same with your Government?<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
Julian - I guess you could say that I've been on the defensive side of the U. S.<BR>
in some of these discussions, but by no means do I think that the U. S. <BR>
government doesn't do things which are wrong.&nbsp; I won't even start going into<BR>
the things that really piss me off about our government and the corporations<BR>
that it always seems to be bowing down to.&nbsp; It's just that the U. S. seems <BR>
to be such an easy target for people; there is a lot of injustice, evil, death, <BR>
destruction and the like being perpetrated by "non-U.S. forces" in the world,<BR>
and at least at times the U.S. has gotten involved to try and help people in<BR>
other parts of the world (of course now here will come the responses that<BR>
we only do it for our own interests).&nbsp; Despite what people outside of the <BR>
U. S. think there are people in this country who care about humanity and<BR>
helping those who are less fortunate without regard for our own interests.<BR>
<BR>
Mike</FONT></HTML>

--part1_45.1b8e0c73.2a87fbba_boundary--