Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Hiroshima/Dubya's "war on terra"

Bawolski@aol.com Bawolski@aol.com
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 12:58:45 EDT

--part1_19e.6bebf28.2a86a045_boundary

In a message dated 8/10/2002 4:27:21 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
julian@monkeyfamily.freeserve.co.uk writes:

> No I don't think what he did was justified. No way! Also I don't really know
> whether he was provoked or whether he is just a nutter who would have
> existed whatever US policy had been. I don't know enough about the
> situation
> to say. I was just trying to seperate out the two questions. I was saying
> that asking whether there were factors that provoked the attacks is
> different to asking whether the attacks were justified or not. Eg. person 1
> taunts person 2 in the street and then person 1 and all his family gets
> killed by person 2. It was provoked but totally unjustified.

Well I guess you could say we did provoke Bin Laden.  We allow our
women to be educated and not cover themselves up completely.  We
allow our people to drink booze if they feel like it and to listen to that
evil rock and roll music.  You are allowed to be Muslim, Catholic, Jewish,
Protestant, Hindu, atheist or whatever else you want in the U. S.
Our support of Israel doesn't help either.  It pisses Bin Laden off
that we support a country that he would like to see wiped off the
face of the earth.  All this stuff drives Bin Laden nuts, so yes, maybe
we did provoke the attacks.

Mike

--part1_19e.6bebf28.2a86a045_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 8/10/2002 4:27:21 AM Pacific Daylight Time, julian@monkeyfamily.freeserve.co.uk writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">No I don't think what he did was justified. No way! Also I don't really know<BR>
whether he was provoked or whether he is just a nutter who would have<BR>
existed whatever US policy had been. I don't know enough about the situation<BR>
to say. I was just trying to seperate out the two questions. I was saying<BR>
that asking whether there were factors that provoked the attacks is<BR>
different to asking whether the attacks were justified or not. Eg. person 1<BR>
taunts person 2 in the street and then person 1 and all his family gets<BR>
killed by person 2. It was provoked but totally unjustified.<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
Well I guess you could say we did provoke Bin Laden.&nbsp; We allow our <BR>
women to be educated and not cover themselves up completely.&nbsp; We<BR>
allow our people to drink booze if they feel like it and to listen to that<BR>
evil rock and roll music.&nbsp; You are allowed to be Muslim, Catholic, Jewish,<BR>
Protestant, Hindu, atheist or whatever else you want in the U. S.<BR>
Our support of Israel doesn't help either.&nbsp; It pisses Bin Laden off <BR>
that we support a country that he would like to see wiped off the <BR>
face of the earth.&nbsp; All this stuff drives Bin Laden nuts, so yes, maybe <BR>
we did provoke the attacks.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
Mike<BR>
<BR>