Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Weird places to hear midnight oil

M West mwest@columbus.rr.com
Thu, 08 Aug 2002 22:13:06 +0000

--MS_Mac_OE_3111689586_182433_MIME_Part

My wife and I were on vacation in the Florida Keys when Breathe
came out in '96. We stopped off into a scuba dive shop to buy some
fins because I wanted to try snorkeling=ADI heard "Underwater" playing
on the music piped into the store!

I SWEAR I am not making this up-

Mike

Margaret Benzer wrote:
>I am still in shock.  It's been an hour, but it hasn't worn off yet.  I ha=
d to
>run to the bookstore at work to pick up supplies and double check the pric=
e of
>one of the items for one of the courses in my department.  While trying to
>locate padded envelopes to mail one last CD set for the Fillmore tree, "Go=
lden
>Age" came over the radio in the store.  I couldn't believe it.  Then again=
, it
>is a college campus with music piped in from a network aimed at college-ag=
ed
>kids.  And it sounded great on their sound system too. :-)  Now I can
>smile the
>rest of the day.
>
>What other strange places have people heard Midnight Oil songs, especially
>from
>Capricornia?
>
>Margaret
--MS_Mac_OE_3111689586_182433_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Weird places to hear midnight oil</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR=3D"#FFFFFF">
My wife and I were on vacation in the Florida Keys when Breathe <BR>
came out in '96. We stopped off into a scuba dive shop to buy some <BR>
fins because I wanted to try snorkeling=ADI heard &quot;Underwater&quot; play=
ing <BR>
on the music piped into the store!<BR>
<BR>
I SWEAR I am not making this up-<BR>
<BR>
Mike<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<TT>Margaret Benzer wrote:<BR>
&gt;I am still in shock. &nbsp;It's been an hour, but it hasn't worn off ye=
t. &nbsp;I had to<BR>
&gt;run to the bookstore at work to pick up supplies and double check the p=
rice of<BR>
&gt;one of the items for one of the courses in my department. &nbsp;While t=
rying to<BR>
&gt;locate padded envelopes to mail one last CD set for the Fillmore tree, =
&quot;Golden<BR>
&gt;Age&quot; came over the radio in the store. &nbsp;I couldn't believe it=
. &nbsp;Then again, it<BR>
&gt;is a college campus with music piped in from a network aimed at college=
-aged<BR>
&gt;kids. &nbsp;And it sounded great on their sound system too. :-) &nbsp;N=
ow I can <BR>
&gt;smile the<BR>
&gt;rest of the day.<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt;What other strange places have people heard Midnight Oil songs, especia=
lly <BR>
&gt;from<BR>
&gt;Capricornia?<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt;Margaret</TT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3111689586_182433_MIME_Part--