Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] August 6, 1945

Beth Curran bcurran@columbus.rr.com
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 22:04:01 -0400

Mike, if somebody else did a wrong thing, surely that doesn't justify
another wrong?

I've never been able to figure out the logic of counting human lives.
We don't, say, kill one person because five people who are tissue
matches to her are going to die if they don't get transplants.  A
military historian would say that the rules of war are different from
the rules of society, but still, somehow it just never made sense to me.
- Beth

-----Original Message-----
From: powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu
[mailto:powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu] On Behalf Of Bawolski@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2002 5:31 PM
To: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
Subject: [Powderworks] August 6, 1945

One thing I can't figure about this, is that a lot of people are quick
condemn the U. S. for using the atomic bomb against Japan, but you
sure don't hear much about the millions of Chinese civilians that the
Japanese killed when they invaded China.  I guess the U. S. is an
easier (bigger?) target.

Mike
Los Angeles